Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 02:07 PM

Re: Annoying ads in between posts

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I turned my ad blocker off and still didn't see any ads.
I logged out of OFF, turned my adblocker off, reloaded chrome and OFF - the page is now full of ads .....

Now to revert .....

ETA That's better .....
effingpot
Hampshire, UK
effingpot is male  effingpot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 02:35 PM

Google just changed their ad settings so site owners like this one, if they don't turn them off, just got more 'auto ads' which is what we are seeing. The idea is to increase ad revenue which helps pay for sites. As a user though you can install ad blocking software which should stop them. For example if you use Chrome to view this site you can install <this one>. Or just Google "Best Ad Blocking Software" for other choices.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by omah ->
i logged out of off, turned my adblocker off, reloaded chrome and off - the page is now full of ads .....

Now to revert .....

eta that's better ..... :-d
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 04:16 PM

I never had a problem with the Ads that I used to see at the top of the page except that I often found I was waiting around for them to load, that's why I got Adblock.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 05:14 PM

I don't get any ad's at all since I took Realists advice some years ago and disabled javascript….I can't see the stuff on utube on here..but that doesn't bother Me...google is not My Friend
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I turned my ad blocker off and still didn't see any ads.
Funny you should say that. Occasionally I browse this site on my Android tablet and I get the banner ad at the top of the page but I have yet to see any ads between messages.

On my main computer like others I use Adblock Plus but there are only limited options with Android software. Why you would want to reduce the functionality of a browser by disabling Java script is beyond me when there are so many other more flexible and effective options.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2019, 10:44 PM

Just subscribe a few quid to Azz and the forum, and all the adds disappear.....I love this forum and reckon being a member is worth paying a few quid for.....
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 12:20 AM

Adblock plus, works for me.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just subscribe a few quid to Azz and the forum, and all the adds disappear.....I love this forum and reckon being a member is worth paying a few quid for.....
A few quid a what a week a month a year ? please explain.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 08:50 AM

Left click on the little parcel next to the tree at the top of one of my posts Basser....

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top