Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 08:09 PM

Nest thermostat

I hate it I hate it I hate it .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 08:25 PM

Re: Nest thermostat

I've never heard of it Muddy
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 08:28 PM

It’s this state of the art thermostat that my husband choose ( or was talked into ) by the central heating people .
It’s horrible I can’t do anything with it we freeze or boil all at the wrong time .
I HATE artificial intelligence.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It’s this state of the art thermostat that my husband choose ( or was taken into ) by the central heating people .
It’s horrible I can’t do anything with it we freeze or boil all at the wrong time .
Gosh! I think I would hate it too .... it takes a while for anything new registers with me
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 08:56 PM

My heating/boiler controller is also wireless but from the Glow Worm camp. The Climaapro2 controller can be taken from room to room or left in its cradle out in the hallway, but I tend to take it into the room we use most as we like that room to run around the very comfortable 74-75F mark. The system wont go above that as each room has thermostatic rad valves and the Climapro2 will make sure the heat is there to reach 75 max and no higher.
My wife does not like it as she finds it difficult to understand so its left to me for any adjustments. Its progressive menu driven so quite logical but she cant seem to get to grips with it.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 10:13 PM

Totally agree. What we need a powerful whole lot more of in this world is natural intelligence.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2019, 10:44 PM

It’s this state of the art thermostat that my husband choose ( or was talked into ) by the central heating people .
It's all a load of old Borax Muddy.....I hate it too....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 12:00 PM

Are you sure its not VIRTUAL artificial intelligenc Muddy?
Perhaps the old man chose the wrong option?

Donkeyman!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 06:02 PM

Ours is on a timer & has a thermostatic control too. I leave that on 6 all the time & over ride the timer if it gets cold when the timer times out, I just have to remember to switch the switch back to timer at night otherwise the heating is on all night, Son does check it if he thinks I've forgotten.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2019, 08:45 PM

Interesting thread.

Marge and I are considering a Hive system. It is not dissimilar to Nest, in that you can control the thermostat from your phone (or from the thermostat itself for non-smartphone lovers) and you can move the thermostat from room to room. There is also the choice of turning the heating on, off, up or down from the smartphones perhaps when we're out and on our way home.

As things are at the moment, we can adjust the temperature at the thermostat, but the only way we can change heating on-off times is to venture outdoors to the garage where the car must be reversed out in order to reach the boiler! So we would appreciate a little more controllability.

There are also a range of add-ons, such as TRVs, but we are going to take one step at a time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top