Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 11:55 AM

Re: What should I do next? My car got hit...

send the quotes to your insurance company. You are paying them to work for you. Seems to me they need a kick up the backside. You have to keep on at them by phone and letter.

Target just one person in the insurance company as soon as you get a name otherwise you get kicked from on person to another and different departments, buck passing. I have in the past rang a person at least twice a day for a couple of weeks asking what they are doing,they soon get fed up and deal with your claim, just to get rid of you.
If you ring in the morning and tell him you will call him again in the afternoon that will play on his/her mind knowing you are going to call again.

Its called Psychological mind games and helps
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 12:29 PM

I've just e-mailed their insurer, telling them exactly what happened and asking them to contact mine asap. with photos.
Hopefully that should get things moving.

My little car.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 12:41 PM

That looks to me as if The dent could be pulled out with the right equipment. A good panel beater would make short work of that. Have a look at "chips away" company they handle that kind of work. trot along to you local outlet and ask them
They did a fantastic job when Sue put a dent in her Honda

link

https://www.chipsaway.co.uk/?gclid=C...gaAo5CEALw_wcB
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 12:55 PM

RS is correct in his advice, TessA - when we contacted our insurance, we were given the name of the individual who would be responsible for handling our case and it would be good if you could establish someone specific who is dealing with your claim.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 04:46 PM

Thanks chums!
I've sent local Chips Away chap photos, so will wait for reply.

This is what worries me,I wouldn't worry if it was just a dent.

frame is a bit dented inside but not much.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

31-12-2019, 04:50 PM

Got a reply very quickly, they can't do it due to extent of damage, they said it needs full body-shop facilities. Here's a better photo of damage,
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 05:14 PM

Could you open the door and take a photo of the A-post (the bit the door hinge is attached to)?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

31-12-2019, 06:17 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191231_152407.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	11344

Difficult to photo, slight dent. You'll have to click to make bigger Ray

Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 06:36 PM

Thanks. It looks like the A-post is slightly pushed in putting the door out of alignment. It could probably be pulled out but it would have to be done by a bodyshop. If the car is driveable take it to a bodyshop and get them to look at it. Tell them it's not an insurance job and you just want the car to be safe to drive and for the door to close properly. It does sound like the woman was uninsured.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2019, 06:59 PM

It might be both the frame and the door frame, if it’s an older car I doubt the insurance company would want to repair it as it’s too labour intensive ( that’s where the money goes) if they decide to write it off, then you could offer to buy it back, and source any parts from a scrapyard and if it’s economic, have it fixed, although any body shop may not want to do it and may give you an exorbitant quote, it sounds a bit dodgy to me, that your insurance company doesn’t seem to want to rush to help you, also just be aware that a lot of insurance companies use claims management companies, they will give you a hire car, and if your insurance decides that it’s a knock for knock claim, they may persue you for the cost...which can be a few thousand quid...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top