Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 07:45 PM

Re: Car Breakdown Insurance.

Mines covered with ford, every time I have my car serviced, it renews the break down cover, it covers everything and includes a hire car should I need it
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 08:47 AM

Still no wiser about what breakdown insurance covers and how it differs from say AA or RAC membership.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just done mine with Green Flag.

It went up from £81.47 to £104.16.

Rang them up and got it for £87.23

Well worth a ring.
I got my car insured last week with Aviva second year running, includes Green Flag cover at £81.47.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Still no wiser about what breakdown insurance covers and how it differs from say AA or RAC membership.

I don't think it does differ. It's just the "membership" is quite often included in your car insurance policy nowadays.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2020, 10:51 AM

Nothing any different as these breakdown services now just call themselves 'Breakdown Insurance', the service is the same which is all that matters to me the few times I've needed them, usually at a very inconvenient time or place.

Both the AA and RAC also have insurance services. It could be that they might insure against any of us breaking down in much the same way retailers of electrical appliances offer 'insurance cover' via a third party company.

After all that's what happens with most insurance companies who insure us against accidents when driving. They pass on the risk to underwriting companies such as Lloyds of London.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 06:39 PM

AA and RAC are generally more expensive because they use their own mechanics and vehicles whereas the others are cheaper and use local garages that sign up for the service.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Nothing any different as these breakdown services now just call themselves 'Breakdown Insurance', the service is the same which is all that matters to me the few times I've needed them, usually at a very inconvenient time or place.

Both the AA and RAC also have insurance services. It could be that they might insure against any of us breaking down in much the same way retailers of electrical appliances offer 'insurance cover' via a third party company.

After all that's what happens with most insurance companies who insure us against accidents when driving. They pass on the risk to underwriting companies such as Lloyds of London.
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
AA and RAC are generally more expensive because they use their own mechanics and vehicles whereas the others are cheaper and use local garages that sign up for the service.
Ah! got it now. Ta
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 08:59 AM

we have both cars with RAC, paid for with Tesco vouchers

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top