Join for free
UniGeezer99
New Member!
USA
UniGeezer99 is male 

15-02-2021, 11:24 PM

Ride my age in miles!

Hi all, and a belated HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hope you're all doing great and staying healthy, fit and safe.

I turned 65 in January and decided to try to ride my age in miles on my unicycle. First attempt ended at mile 22 due to a sudden and scary blowout at 12mph! The wheel stopped immediately, but I kept going...and going, landing on the hard pavement. Turned out the tire was a tad stretched to fit the rim properly. After installing a new tire I tried again a week later. Here is the video of my 65 mile adventure:

EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 11:47 PM

Re: Ride my age in miles!

Maybe it's time to treat yourself to a bicycle. Mine has served me well over the last 50 years and hundreds of miles. Two brakes are better than one. I have 15 years on you. Take care and stay safe Unigeezer
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 12:00 AM

Hi Terry a belated Happy New Year to you too!
Let's hope it will be a better one for us all.

A great video of your 65 mile Birthday challenge..... well done! Glad your tyre lasted this time and there was no accident.

Looking forward to your next challenge!

A Belated Happy Birthday to you!
UniGeezer99
New Member!
USA
UniGeezer99 is male 

16-02-2021, 12:16 AM

Thanks Mags!
UniGeezer99
New Member!
USA
UniGeezer99 is male 

16-02-2021, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Maybe it's time to treat yourself to a bicycle. Mine has served me well over the last 50 years and hundreds of miles. Two brakes are better than one. I have 15 years on you. Take care and stay safe Unigeezer
Haha, no thanks. I figure I've got to get good enough on one before I try to, haha! Seriously though, I've been riding my unicycles for 16 years and logged probably over 35,000 miles. For me it's been a life-changing experience and an incredibly fun and ultra-effective way to get in shape and stay fit for life! I love the extra effort and focus it takes and the fact that you can't coast on unicycle and don't have low gears to help climb hills. Although 65 miles is still a good distance, I'm getting ready to do another century which will be my 11th since 2010. Wish me luck! 🙂
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 01:16 AM

Well done. Great way to model fitness and health through life!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by UniGeezer99 ->
Haha, no thanks. I figure I've got to get good enough on one before I try to, haha! Seriously though, I've been riding my unicycles for 16 years and logged probably over 35,000 miles. For me it's been a life-changing experience and an incredibly fun and ultra-effective way to get in shape and stay fit for life! I love the extra effort and focus it takes and the fact that you can't coast on unicycle and don't have low gears to help climb hills. Although 65 miles is still a good distance, I'm getting ready to do another century which will be my 11th since 2010. Wish me luck! 🙂
Well done you!
I have to say it sounds like hell
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:43 AM

Well done Terry. A good achievement.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 12:41 PM

Well done mate you done good and deserve a medal.
I am only 67 but no way could I ride a mile let alone 65.
Probably if I lived in a warmer dry climate you would have a challenger.
Oh Happy belated birthday old man.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 06:21 PM

Wow! What an awe inspiring experience! I can’t ride a bicycle so I can’t imagine how you’d balance on a unicycle
I look forward to seeing more of your adventures!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top