Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 01:33 PM

Windows 10 - Assign Text To Function Key (Or Keys)

While updating my MP3 player's database I am having to perform a repetetive text insert to the file description (but not for every file).

The files have to be individually reviewed before entering the repetetive text (if required) into a previously defined field.

The sort of utility which would assign text to a function key and make my life easier is described here:

Create Custom Keyboard Shortcuts for Anything in Windows 10 - WinHotKey

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/crea...in-windows-10/

But, having installed the software, I cannot get it to paste text .....

Any ideas .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:30 AM

Re: Windows 10 - Assign Text To Function Key (Or Keys)

This one appears to work:

HotKeyP

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hotkeyp/

Keyboard/mouse/WinLIRC/joystick shortcuts for exe files, documents, folders, www pages and commands: shutdown, hibernate, desktop resolution, volume, process priority, eject CD, wallpaper, always on top, hide active window, kill process, paste text.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 04:09 PM

That looks a useful device.
I can't think of anything particular I need it to do at the moment, but it's nice to know what it can do.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

17-06-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That looks a useful device.
I can't think of anything particular I need it to do at the moment, but it's nice to know what it can do.
Any repetetive activity could be eased - if you haven't got a password manager then email/usernames/passwords are possible uses .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top