Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 07:55 PM

3 camera video test conclusions

First was trying to do a video with the Nikon D810 and a tamron 24-70mm lens. First tried with a hand grip underneath but the balance made it impossible. So next tried the conventional way holding the camera normally in one hand. Well after a few seconds i had to stop as my wrist ached too much.
so that was out of the equation

Next was the Lumix compact supported on a hand grip. A little better but boy did the video bounce about a lot, needs a very steady hand. Great camera but the opposite it was too light but possible with more practice ok for youtube ??

Last the Sony FDR-AX53 camcorder.

If you really want to get into video a camcoder with built in gimble is the answer. OK getting used to using the model above makes a difference of course, and having a hand grip underneath balanced correctly helps.

OK most on here are not interested in video work which is fair enough it is not what everyone wants to do.

I do have to say I think they are missing a great opportunity to record not just a scene but what is around and going on at the time of recording.

this is a post about the above not cameraphones as I have no experience of them

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top