Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 01:58 PM

Re: Here's a thing

Now I'm Wondering if Rhian is doing a psychological project on us and we are the lab rats
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If it was on a flagpole or stick then like I said it should have been placed in a classroom ready for whatever project it was for and not being carried around because a) politics, b) health and safety. We don't even know whether it was anything to do with a project or just brought in to show friends. Until Rhian tells us more we can only make up different scenarios to try to understand the behaviours and cultures at this school. It's what people do when they are given partial information. We fill in the blanks.
Yep. Hence why it seems a bit unkind to assume the girl with the flag had been doing anything wrong and that teachers were at fault in letting her carry it.

It's part of our deciding who is in the wrong here, so perfectly appropriate to try to understand the policy of having the flag in the possession of pupils during break and how that contributed to subsequent fracas.
The only known breeches of acceptable behaviour are that of the lad and subsequently a girl

I wasn't under the impression from the OP that whoever delivered the punch was holding the flag to start with. On my moral compass physical violence is a tad higher up the notch of moral badness than flag desecration.
Yep. It's the apparant self control of the lad to not retaliate which is the main focal point. The flag has nothing to to with it.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 02:04 PM

Now I'm Wondering if Rhian is doing a psychological project on us and we are the lab rats
If I weren't a boy, I'd be tempted to give her a jolly good biff on the nose if she is.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
If I weren't a boy, I'd be tempted to give her a jolly good biff on the nose if she is.
Even so, I hope you get to her before Todger does. I'm sure she'd prefer a sore nose to spitting out teeth. That boy is simply wild.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

20-06-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Even so, I hope you get to her before Todger does. I'm sure she'd prefer a sore nose to spitting out teeth. That boy is simply wild.
He's all talk. The worse that that big girl's blouse would actually do would be to wave his (yellow) feather duster at her.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

There are TWO genders
You should get down to Genders-R-us. There's a sale on, with over 50 options to choose from. Don't be late; when they're gone, they're gone.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

20-06-2021, 02:15 PM

He's all talk. The worse that that big girl's blouse would actually do would be to wave his (yellow) feather duster at her.
Don't you believe it, Dex, I've heard his dirty looks are life threatening.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

20-06-2021, 02:17 PM

Don't you believe it, Dex, I've heard his dirty looks are life threatening.
Don't believe a word he says Harbal. In reality he lives in a rented room in a static caravan based in Rhyll.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

20-06-2021, 02:20 PM

Don't believe a word he says Harbal. In reality he lives in a rented room in a static caravan based in Rhyll.
So not in a cave at the foothills of Mt. Snowdon?

The little fibber.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

20-06-2021, 02:22 PM

So not in a cave at the foothills of Mt. Snowdon?

The little fibber.
Afraid not. His real job is driving round in an old white van asking people if they've got any scrap metal they want to get rid of.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top