Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 08:25 PM

I really don't understand.

Why the law allows people to get away with some things,

I had a neighbour throw a load of rubble all over my car space last year,I reported it to the police,they saw the cctv footage of him doing this,yet they said he doesn't have to clear it up,I do !

What does that say to you?
Yes it is a minor thing,..I have just been given these sort of things a lot of thought lately,..

Another one is,if someone parks on you're drive,the police would not get involved.so it's not just the allocated spaces they park in.some sort of loophole in the law apparently.and if they decided to leave the car on you're drive,it would end up costing you money to have it removed...I dismay ,I really do!.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 08:33 PM

Re: I really don't understand.

It says to me the people can do just what they like and not even get a reprimand for it.

I think police don't like to deal with what they see as domestic issues.

Its very wrong that they suggested you clear up the mess.

Its a sorry world we live in these days, gone are the days of the local bobby and also gone are the days of everyone having respect for the police, especially the youth of today although before anyone jumps on me I'm not meaning ALL youth of today lol.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I think the latter is probably deemed trespass and under civil law. So you could take an injunction out if you take it to court. The former is probably under anti social behaviour. Normally that's dealt with by the local authority in the first instance.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Somewhere I used to live had a parking area for three cars.

Someone decided to use it to deposit a load of old bathroom ware...an old bath, basin and yes, an old loo, plus a load of broken tiles.

I reported it but...........

This was in the middle of a busy town, just an ordinary side street.

The council were sympathetic, but because it was on private land, their hands were tied.

You guessed it; I had to pay someone to come and dispose of it legally.

It still upsets me, to be honest. I spent my life trying to be fair to people, and then some selfish b'stard shits on me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Somewhere I used to live had a parking area for three cars.

Someone decided to use it to deposit a load of old bathroom ware...an old bath, basin and yes, an old loo, plus a load of broken tiles.

I reported it but...........

This was in the middle of a busy town, just an ordinary side street.

The council were sympathetic, but because it was on private land, their hands were tied.

You guessed it; I had to pay someone to come and dispose of it legally.

It still upsets me, to be honest. I spent my life trying to be fair to people, and then some selfish b'stard shits on me.:-(
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 08:48 PM

Aw! Thanks, LQ!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 08:58 PM

There are a lot of folks out there, who don't give a Tom Tit, about their environment or surroundings, shame on them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There are a lot of folks out there, who don't give a Tom Tit, about their environment or surroundings, shame on them.

I couldn't agree more,spitfire,..the stench that is coming from a neighbours garden,where they don't pick up their dog s.i.,is disgusting,I looked over their fence this morning,s.i. everywhere!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

28-05-2019, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think the latter is probably deemed trespass and under civil law. So you could take an injunction out if you take it to court. The former is probably under anti social behaviour. Normally that's dealt with by the local authority in the first instance.

That's very easy to say,but look at all the inconvenience it causes and how long it would take to get an injunction .
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 09:11 PM

You have my sympathies pauline3....

A neighbour (now moved) side swiped my car parked across my drive, he was roaring drunk !!

I rang the police to inform them a drunk driver has hit our car only to be told

that they had a high volume of calls and will come out in a few hours !!

I am still waiting a few years on and he's long since moved !!

It did end up going thru the insurance after we refused to accept 'cash' and us threatening him.

But sadly the police didnt think a dunk driver hitting a car was important !

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top