Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:27 PM

Body lotion

What do you use and can recommend ? I'm finding all the ones I've tried too thick or too smelly.
My fav perfume used to have an accompanying creme too , quite thin, but the company tells me the creme is being discontinued.
Why do they do that ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:37 PM

Re: Body lotion

I love White Musk from the Body Shop

Yes it's a pain in the backside when you find something you really like then they go take it off the market.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 11:06 PM

The only body lotion I'd use is bio oil. It doesn't leave a mess, is good for sensitive skin and it's really effective.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 11:25 PM

Hi Zuleiker, all my stuff - body moisturizer, face creams, shampoo & conditioner, shower gells, even lip balm, I buy from people called 'Handmade Naturals.'
I've used there products almost since they started and wouldn't use anything else - except an occasional Neale's Yard thing for a change.

Some of H.M. Naturals things you can choose to have 'Unscented' too, but even the scented things are only essential oils and such, no horrid sickly chemical smells.

Have a read of her website and it explains it better than I'm doing.

https://www.handmadenaturals.co.uk/

P.S. They mail order really quick too. I always get my order within about 2 days of putting the order in.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 11:55 PM

I love Estee Lauder 'Beautiful' body lotion.
My family know this so I get loads for my birthday & Christmas.

When I run out I use Dove moisturising body cream. It's in a big round jar - it's lovely.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I love White Musk from the Body Shop

Yes it's a pain in the backside when you find something you really like then they go take it off the market.
I use White Musk too and have done for many years.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 04:51 PM

I use Clinique deep comfort body lotion and have done so for years.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 06:33 PM

I don't have a particular favourite, but at present I'm using Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula as I do like the smell.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 08:22 PM

I'm afraid I'm going to ' a bit of a Realist' now, ladies.

These products so many ladies enjoy worry me.
Please tell me something . . . does anyone ever read the ingredients before they hand over their money?

Take the Clinique one for example - 43 ingredients. Why?
Many of these I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, especially the PEG 100.

Quote: PEG compounds often contain small amounts of ethylene oxide. Ethylene oxide (found in PEG-4, PEG-7, PEG4-dilaurate, and PEG 100) is highly toxic — even in small doses — and was used in World War I nerve gas. Exposure to ethylene glycol during its production, processing and clinical use has been linked to increased incidents of leukemia as well as several types of cancer.

Don't take my word for it, you can look it up for yourselves:

The Dove one contains amongst other things - BHT and CI77891

CI77891 is Titanium Dioxide.

Quote: Evidence suggests that some nanoparticles may induce toxic effects in your brain and cause nerve damage, and some may also be carcinogenic. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) classifies titanium dioxide as a Group 2B carcinogen, which means it's "possibly carcinogenic to humans."

BHT
- BHT is not a listed carcinogen, but some data have shown that it does cause cancer in animals.

I also won't touch anything with Parabens in it.

: “Of greatest concern is that parabens are known to disrupt hormone function, an effect that is linked to increased risk of breast cancer and reproductive toxicity,” reports the non-profit Campaign for Safe Cosmetics (CSC). “Parabens mimic estrogen by binding to estrogen receptors on cells.”

* There are loads more chemicals in these products than I can write here. These ingredients are also in shampoos, toothpastes and many other beauty products.

I personally believe they can have an accumulative effect used daily. This, coupled with all the cleaning products we have in the home now frightens me.

We are eating treated foods, rubbing things onto our skin to absorb, putting them onto our eyes and into our mouths with chemical toothpastes and mouth washes, etc.

Is it really any wonder there are so many people with cancers nowadays?

Each to their own, but I'll stick to the more natural, healthier products thanks.

(Apologies for such a long post, it's not like me, but I just feel strongly about this subject).
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCake ->
I use Clinique deep comfort body lotion and have done so for years.
Me too,I love there range of products,..goes a long way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top