Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 02:54 PM

Re: Air rage

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Alcohol should never be served on a flight, passengers should be breath tested to see they have not imbibed two much of it before boarding the plane.
I would agree that anybody who has been drinking too much should be tested and not allowed to travel, but where is the harm in allowing one drink per passenger, on the plane?

I am sure the airline make money, on the consumables they sell on board, so the money they lose will be added to what we pay to fly.

It seems to me that all, who know how to behave well, always have to suffer because some objectionable people don't.
We should punish those who do wrong, rather than spoil things for those who know how to behave!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I would agree that anybody who has been drinking too much should be tested and not allowed to travel, but where is the harm in allowing one drink per passenger, on the plane?

I am sure the airline make money, on the consumables they sell on board, so the money they lose will be added to what we pay to fly.

It seems to me that all, who know how to behave well, always have to suffer because some objectionable people don't.
We should punish those who do wrong, rather than spoil things for those who know how to behave!
Why is it a punishment to prevent people drinking alcohol on a flight? It is much more important to ensure the safety of passengers, whilst the plane is in the air.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 03:58 PM

Even the Pilots sometimes have a tipple, to steady the Nerves!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Google this, wish I hadn't. Should have taken your word for it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a7216336.html

Alcohol and aviation do not mix, whether you are a passenger or a pilot, and indeed the effects of alcohol can be intensified at altitude.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 04:35 PM

And are sacked for doing so if caught, and rightly so.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Whatever caused this women to do what she did, is it fair to stop passengers who know how to behave, from having a relaxing drink whilst travelling?

Why should decent people suffer just because some idiots take drugs or drink too much?
I quite agree Twink. It is always those that are able to control their actions because of the stupidity of others. I hardly ever drink alcohol, possibly once or twice a year but I do like a couple of Babychams on the plane because it represents the start of the holiday.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 05:10 PM

Alcohol should never be served on a flight, passengers should be breath tested to see they have not imbibed too much of it before boarding the plane.
Blimey, it's bad enough getting through as it is what with taking your shoes and belt off and emptying your pockets, without having to be breath tested as well.

Mind you, I don't really care too much because I have given up on travelling abroad now, been treated like crap too many times by the airlines they can stuff their over-priced Pringles.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-07-2019, 05:11 PM

I would need a couple of beers if I had to fly that thing.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 05:33 PM

Why is it a punishment to prevent people drinking alcohol on a flight? It is much more important to ensure the safety of passengers, whilst the plane is in the air.
Because ,many of us just enjoy a drink at happy times & we have been able to do this safely on aeroplanes for more than 50 years!
Just because some obnoxious people don't know how to behave, why should the rest of us be prevented from enjoying the experience of flying to a different country?
I will tell you why! Because some are so pig ignorant they want all their own way & only bloody fools allow them to spoil it for others, by changing rules that have never before needed changing!
Anybody who drinks to excess on planes could have a black mark on their passport, thereby preventing them from flying...as they are doing with this woman!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-07-2019, 05:36 PM

A lot of airlines have stopped selling peanuts too.

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top