Join for free
Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 05:41 PM

Re: Air rage

I have no idea what happens before you get onto a plane,as I have never been on one.

Are people breathalysed before boarding a plane?

How would anyone know...how many glasses of wine or spirits a passenger has drank beforehand ?

Same with drugs they should be tested before they board a plane....the problem is,that would take time and money.

That woman IMO...should have a very long ban from flying....selfish..b...h!.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have no idea what happens before you get onto a plane,as I have never been on one.

Are people breathalysed before boarding a plane?

How would anyone know...how many glasses of wine or spirits a passenger has drank beforehand ?

Same with drugs they should be tested before they board a plane....the problem is,that would take time and money.

That woman IMO...should have a very long ban from flying....selfish..b...h!.
Pauline they don't breathalyse or check for drugs before people get on a plane, but maybe they should if passengers are behaving like this.
You have to be at the airport at least 2 hours before take off , so there would be time to check people & the airlines must provide safe transport on their planes.... so perhaps they could have a supply of mini breathalyzers & make every passenger do the test or be removed from the plane.
They have had to change rules to prevent people taking fluids on the plane, in case they blow the plane up, so why not find a way to stop idiots like this woman?

I haven't seen any evidence that she had been drinking or taking drugs, but it seems the most likely explanation.
Of course she may be mentally ill, so should we also stop people with mental health problems from flying on planes too?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Pauline they don't breathalyse or check for drugs before people get on a plane, but maybe they should if passengers are behaving like this.
You have to be at the airport at least 2 hours before take off , so there would be time to check people & the airlines must provide safe transport on their planes.... so perhaps they could have a supply of mini breathalyzers & make every passenger do the test or be removed from the plane.
They have had to change rules to prevent people taking fluids on the plane, in case they blow the plane up, so why not find a way to stop idiots like this woman?

I haven't seen any evidence that she had been drinking or taking drugs, but it seems the most likely explanation.
Of course she may be mentally ill, so should we also stop people with mental health problems from flying on planes too?

She could well be..if she was mentally ill...they wouldn't have picked up on it.....when you think,about it,Twink...being on a plane with a load of strangers,is quite scary IMO....no one knows what any of them are capable of....maybe a couple of minders on board would help,employed by the airline.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
She could well be..if she was mentally ill...they wouldn't have picked up on it.....when you think,about it,Twink...being on a plane with a load of strangers,is quite scary IMO....no one knows what any of them are capable of....maybe a couple of minders on board would help,employed by the airline.
Don't worry, I think the passengers did a good job of holding this woman down!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Because ,many of us just enjoy a drink at happy times & we have been able to do this safely on aeroplanes for more than 50 years!
Just because some obnoxious people don't know how to behave, why should the rest of us be prevented from enjoying the experience of flying to a different country?
I will tell you why! Because some are so pig ignorant they want all their own way & only bloody fools allow them to spoil it for others, by changing rules that have never before needed changing!
Anybody who drinks to excess on planes could have a black mark on their passport, thereby preventing them from flying...as they are doing with this woman!

People should be able to manage without a drink when flying unless they are alcoholics, in which case they shouldn't be permitted near a plane.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

18-07-2019, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
People should be able to manage without a drink when flying unless they are alcoholics, in which case they shouldn't be permitted near a plane.
I think you are missing the point Tara. I can manage even a long flight without alcohol, but I don't see why I should have to, just because others can't control how much they drink & cause trouble!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 07:03 PM

Information on the risk of dehydration might be useful.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/healt...hydration.aspx

People may not be aware how important it is.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
She has been.

Another one with a sense of entitlement who thinks the world revolves around them?
Only on that airline though.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
People should be able to manage without a drink when flying
We mostly do long haul.
My dear wife is nervous about flying. A glass of wine calms her nerves then she sleeps most of the way. Are you seriously suggesting that she must be denied that?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2019, 10:40 PM

Passengers who restrained her expect compensation.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/953284...r-rage-payout/

Miss Haines, who was travelling with her wheelchair-bound grandmother, had to be restrained after she apparently sent one attendant “flying across the plane”.

Page 5 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top