Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 07:37 PM

Pedal cars....

My hubby loved his pedal car 'cos it had a boot...
Just saw a local news item on reproduction pedal cars which were for the little rich kids, leather seat, horn, the absolute works Bugatti, E type Jag - even a van - my favourite ... must have been good fun pedalling them....
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 07:41 PM

Re: Pedal cars....

I remember our next door neighbours in Govan, bought their wee girl one and she wouldn't use it and I got to pedal it about! Mind you it was a wee toty bit small for me at the age of 8 - my legs were nearly round my neck!

Brilliant!

Must have been fun for your hubby, Pats
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 07:46 PM

Mmmmm - just a wee bit awkward for you Rosemary, hubby loved it and progressed to his bike around 7 - so I guess you were 'just' a little too old for the pedal car gal...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 11:23 PM

It was, Pat, but it was fun!! Never got a bike though - I still can't go a bike - no sense of balance Tried on at the High School belonging to a class mate, I was OK to start with because she and another couple of class mates were holding the seat then I realised I was pedalling on my own - lost balance - front wheel of the bike went thru' railings End of my trying out cycling
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2013, 09:41 AM

Ha-ha, Rosemary - me too, soon as you know you're pedalling on yer own - 'wobble time'
Meant to put a 5 not 7, when hubby left he's pedal car behind
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 09:56 AM

You better get used to the pedal car, for when the fuel goes up again, that will be all you can afford.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 10:00 AM

I had a purple pedal car with a boot and I loved it.
I progressed to a purple 3 wheeled bike (with a boot)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2013, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
You better get used to the pedal car, for when the fuel goes up again, that will be all you can afford.
Good one Arfa
These replica cars mentioned on TV were of the age, and some guy had restored them, they would fetch £20,000 each if sold. Now, the rich kids have mororised little cars - no more pedalling for them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2013, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I had a purple pedal car with a boot and I loved it.
I progressed to a purple 3 wheeled bike (with a boot)
Yes Hubby had the same bike and boot - it was a Bluebird, he had kids lining up for a lift standing on the boot, hands on hubbys shoulders, a right little taxi service he had there He wanted to be a coach driver after that
Trouble is - he has no sense of direction, would have to be a 'mystery tour'
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2013, 10:38 AM

The things we used to do!
I then progressed to a red 2 wheeler bike(via gokarts without steering etc )
After passing my cycling proficiency test I could cycle to school.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top