Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
sully
uk
sully is female  sully has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2009, 09:16 PM

Re: Do you tip your postman, binmen etc?

Last couple years have tipped both iceland delivery man and the gardener.
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 09:43 PM

I don't tip. It's way OTT IMO. Hairdressers,taxi drivers,waitress's and waiters,bin crews,where does the list end? Then only people I have ever "tipped" are nurses with a box of chocs or a bottle of wine. God knows THEY deserve it.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Last Christmas in our last house I tipped the postman as he's a good lad, always put my post in the postbox outside on our wall, he's always cheery. Now weve moved the postman here is a miserable devil and I know him from years ago when I worked at the Telephone Exchange (a bit embarrassing really), I shan't be tipping him.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 11:55 AM

I know this isn`t seasonal, but Taxi drivers lately have been extracting the urine. Not opening the door or helping me with boxes, not even stopping outside the house properly - just stpping in the road and hooting at me. I have stopped tipping them unless they actually get off their bottoms and do something now, It`s my contribution to their BMI.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 04:41 PM

No, I never tip the postie nor the bin men anymore, I used to do so. I have had cause to complain about the postie several times this year for leaving "You were out" cards through the door, when I was at home and he never even bothered to ring the bell. These were items which I knew were to be delivered on a particular day and waited in for them. It meant that I had a three mile drive each way to the sorting office to collect the packets. No tip for him then.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Hiya
No I don't tip anyone, like has been said my bin men are not the same at all the postlady was lovely and yes she did gte a tip but we now again have no "real postperson" and they come at different times don't push post right through and constantly sneak a "card" through the door saying you weren't in (I say sneak as the dog does not even here them I think they go on SAS course to do that)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 06:53 PM

Hmmm...... after reading all your replies I think I may reconsider the practice next year I suppose it's a case of old habits die hard.

It's been interesting reading all your views and become clear that I'm in a minority

Maybe a New Year's Resolution, eh?
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 07:18 PM

Have to say up till last year the postlady always got a box of chocs..nice ones. But now nope.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2009, 08:52 PM

Being in the boonies, we don't get mail delivered, or garbage picked up. So no tipping there!
Tipping is expected (whether deserving or not!), at restaurants, hairdressers, and the like. I remember when I first came to Canada I was floored at how many people you were expected to tip!
Jamies Dachshunds
North Carolina, USA
Jamies Dachshunds is female  Jamies Dachshunds has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 01:28 PM

So a bin man is a garbage man? I tip when I eat out..... but I don't believe that any of those folks here expect a tip? I do give a card to the postal person at Christmas!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top