Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 07:35 PM

Help Please

Does anyone know how I go about finding an old bank account information.

I know the name of the account and the address that it was registered but don't know the sort code or account number and I will need this to put before a judge.

I would be grateful of any help thanks.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Re: Help Please

This mught be a good start point

http://www.bankers-telenet.com/en/guided-bank-search/
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 08:00 PM

I have also been Googling and have found a telephone number for NatWest and it appears that you should make an Access Request.

From what I was reading on the site there are many people trying to find information about old accounts because they have been overcharged bank fees and want to get them back.

Thank you so much for your time. I will be back to let you know how I get on tomorrow.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2010, 10:34 PM

Good luck! .....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

26-02-2010, 11:14 PM

Well I phoned a couple of numbers for the bank and the people I spoke to were of the opinion that I would have to go into a local branch with some identification and the branch would contact the branch that the account was held at and probably give me the information I would need.

Because I don't get out I am going to write to the branch where the account was and my signature should show my identification and see if anyone can help me. I know the managers name so and the account was opened around 2000 so it is not that old.

I will let you know how my story ends.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 03:54 AM

Hope you get it sorted CC
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2010, 10:58 AM

Try www.mylostaccount.org.uk/search/htm.
They did not find one of mine but you never know.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

14-04-2010, 12:02 PM

In the end I contacted the local NatWest and the under manager there was lovely, she contacted the branch where the account was opened and managed to track it down so that I now have a copy of the closing statements. I have also emailed another bank and have made contact with a young lady there who is offering her assistance. I have found that if you tell people that you need help they are quite pleased to assist.

Not having the bank sort codes was difficult as obviously they have to watch out for data protection and all that but so far I have met people who don't create problems but help if they can.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2010, 10:37 PM

Isn't it heartwarming to have people who don't adhere to strict rules but are willing to look at a case on merit and help?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

14-04-2010, 11:06 PM

You have hit the nail on the head. Recently I have come accross several of these people and each time I have told them how refreshing it is to meet someone with a bit of common sence.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top