Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 05:18 PM

Re: Smoking in cars

The oddity about this law being ..
What about a 17 year old driver?
Can he smoke in the car with passengers?
Yes he can .. if they're over 18., but no he can't if they're the same age as him. They're considered children.

I'm not surprised the police have said it's unenforceable. They're overstretched enough as it is.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 05:27 PM

They are Morticia Norfolk police are now getting rid of many more just been announced.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 08:23 PM

I spoke to a policeman friend of mine about this.

He has been instructed to give verbal warnings only.
... mind you, if you get all stroppy with a police officer, he might just use his discretion and give you a fine as well.

Incidentally, it is up to the driver of a vehicle to ensure that the passengers obey the same rules. If one of his passengers is below the age of 18, then no other passenger may smoke either.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top