Join for free
Page 307 of 370 « First < 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 357 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2019, 06:02 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2019, 04:31 PM

A nice and steady 50-minute workout today. However, ‘nice and steady’ doesn’t necessarily mean I didn’t work at it. The weights were moderate but the extra reps after pausing took a bit of sweat and toil to achieve. All adds up though.

Sunday 7 July 2019 50mins.
(All weights in kgs)

DB press, incline bench:
12x22’s, 10x25’s +3, 8x28’s +2, 6x32’s +1
*With the triceps now stronger and finding this exercise much easier to handle I’ll be lowering the reps and increasing weight from next time.

E-Z curl, standing (paused sets):
6x28 – pause - 6x28 – pause - 6x28 – pause - 6x28
*Imagine lifting 15 bags of sugar on a bar and without dropping it, pause for one second and then do the same lift another three times? Well that’s what paused sets are all about. The biceps are tortured by the end and out like balloons!

DB curl (across chest diagonally), alt., continuous:
6x14 – pause – 6x14
4x16 – pause - 4x16

E-Z preacher curl, seated:
15x28, 12x33 +2, 10x38 +1, 6x43 +1

Tricep extensions (paused sets):
10x35 – pause – 10x35 – pause – 10x35 – pause 10x35
*As with the standing E-Z curl exercise, no let up with the weight, I just carried on pausing to pump the blood into the arms. Works a treat!

Calf press:
25x100, 20x120 +5, 15x140 +5, 12x160 +6, 20x100
*My only leg exercise today. A full session later in the week. The calves are important to keep built up right now as it’s the weather for wearing shorts!

Concentration curl, alt:
6x16

High-pull bicep cable curls:
12x25, 8x30 +2, 6x35 +2, 4x40 +2
*The biceps couldn’t take any more after today’s session, they were pumped up to the max so I left it there.

No training now until Wednesday because Monday and Tuesday are taken up by haircut and dental appointments respectively.

Thanks for reading.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2019, 07:10 PM

Phew, after a heck of a fortnight I managed to get back into the gym! My mother has been a bit poorly and I had one of my sons staying over with me as well so family obligations took priority. It was a "back to the grindstone" workout so I was pleased it went as well as I did. I burnt 580 calories and shifted 35,785 kilos during the time I was there and, for the first time, I managed more leg work than I did upper body and core combined! I shifted 18,735 kilos with my knackered legs... well, evidently not quite as knackered as they were, lol.

I could have done more upper body and core, like I usually do, but was enjoying the novelty of enjoying a leg workout. That said, the pulley weights and doing some arm work using the other bits of gear are creeping into the workouts more, and they don't have a monitoring system built into them. Any work on those goes unrecorded. Last month's chestiness saw me drop to 4th place in the top 20 for weight lifted that month, but I'm happy with that, really. Time to work harder this month!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Phew, after a heck of a fortnight I managed to get back into the gym! My mother has been a bit poorly and I had one of my sons staying over with me as well so family obligations took priority. It was a "back to the grindstone" workout so I was pleased it went as well as I did. I burnt 580 calories and shifted 35,785 kilos during the time I was there and, for the first time, I managed more leg work than I did upper body and core combined! I shifted 18,735 kilos with my knackered legs... well, evidently not quite as knackered as they were, lol.

I could have done more upper body and core, like I usually do, but was enjoying the novelty of enjoying a leg workout. That said, the pulley weights and doing some arm work using the other bits of gear are creeping into the workouts more, and they don't have a monitoring system built into them. Any work on those goes unrecorded. Last month's chestiness saw me drop to 4th place in the top 20 for weight lifted that month, but I'm happy with that, really. Time to work harder this month!
Hi mate. Sorry your mother isn't too good. They need some looking after, probably against their wishes and pride but that's what we are there for. best wishes to her

I've only just seen your post here as it's really quiet what with the others away at the moment and myself only managing the odd scant workout due to commitments and time.
That leg workout of yours is looking good. I do remember when you started at your old 'little gym' that you said your legs were pretty hopeless due to knee trouble and that you were lifting more with your upper body. Now you're seeing a big difference after the perseverance is truly paying off. Good man Some monster figures there too on the accumulative weight and reps. Keep it up pal.

I dearly want to get to the gym myself today for a legs session but I fear I'll be really tired when I wake up and to be honest I really do need a lie in. Yesterday and Monday I had about five hours each day because of a haircut and the dentist respectively. We'll see how I feel later. Take care mate
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 02:03 PM

Tachyon, it sounds like you hardly hit a bump in the road after your family obligations. I do hope your mother is getting along well. Like you I have been away to take care of my mom, so much so that I've been away from the computer for days.

Good workout there, Floydy. I'll be back at doing some exercises devoted to triceps later today as I never want to lose the ability to hop up on a surfboard!

After a drive across the southeastern part of the U.S., complete with intermittent thunderstorms, summer traffic, the Mississippi River above full flood stage, and crop fields lushly green, I am back home. Nothing inspires me to want to run than being behind the wheel of the car for fifteen hours. What doesn't inspire me is a full on Florida sun driving the temperatures above the 32ºC, so though I have already done step aerobics this morning, I'll run late today and check back later.

Happy to be back!
Tachyon
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 08:19 PM

Nice to have you back, Surfermom.

I made it to the gym today and after the last session where I worked on the legs (52% leg work!) I concentrated on chest and arms this time. I really am starting to enjoy the pulley cable weights, surprisingly. According to the gym log 47% of the workout was devoted to upper body and arms and I shifted 16,900 kilos of weight in the process. Trunk (26%) and leg work (27%) added together was a further 18,975 kilos in total.

I have to put the cable pulley weights workout into the system manually as curls because the new equipment doesn't contain a key system to record the work done. Some of the other work I do has no real equivalent to enter it as, so I just have to omit those from the system altogether. I now have that pleasant "itch" in my arm muscles which means I did some good work. It's a long time since I had that sensation! Breathing was nice and regular and even the damn dry cough didn't pop up to annoy me - thank the gods!

Good luck all, and may all your exercise be "in the zone".
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 06:19 AM

Double good news with a cough-free workout and your muscles reminding you of your hard work, Tachyon. You deserve a pat on the back for pushing through those exercises that work for you even though they aren't recordable That's a man with his head in the right place!

The guy who trims the palm trees popped by this afternoon, so in getting distracted talking about all things trees, it was after seven this evening before I looked at the time and realized that if I didn't get myself into gear in short order, the run was going to be a no go. With keys, shoes, and sunglasses flying, I had to abandon every other pretty place for the sportsplex, where enough softball games were underway that even if the sun set, I could still squeeze in a few miles. That I did.

A tropical storm in the gulf is currently sending occasional rain bands our way, and most delightfully, cool wind gusts that have the trees rustling and clouds marching their way across a blue, blue sky.

By the time the sun slipped behind the giant tufts of pink cotton this evening, my watch had clicked off three miles. It was a beautiful distraction. Though the breeze had me looking like I had been tumbled in a clothes dryer, I brushed it aside repeatedly so I could navigate the scattered holes in the turf that had formed from the floods early last month and were now camouflaged by the lush St. Augustine grass. Hoping and weaving I was able to push through three more miles.

Six miles altogether, no twisted ankles, a fabulous sense of accomplishment, and really, really bad hair.

It's good to be back.

Tachyon

12-07-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi mate. Sorry your mother isn't too good. They need some looking after, probably against their wishes and pride but that's what we are there for. best wishes to her ...

...That leg workout of yours is looking good. I do remember when you started at your old 'little gym' that you said your legs were pretty hopeless due to knee trouble and that you were lifting more with your upper body. Now you're seeing a big difference after the perseverance is truly paying off. Good man Some monster figures there too on the accumulative weight and reps. Keep it up pal.
Thanks Floydy. I'm glad you're still getting your workouts, as I know they'll help you relax after all your night shifts. It's surprising how the legs are shaping up all things considered. I just read an article where a doctor said that exercise is the best painkiller and generally speaking I agree with him/her based on personal experience. Gently does it in the early days though, eh!

My mum seems to be recovering from her debilitating nausea, touch wood. She's been walking my brother's dog a couple of times a day and trying to build back up to her normal walks. That's always a good sign.

Take care mate and keep up the good work!
Kowhaigirl
New Zealand
Kowhaigirl is female 

13-07-2019, 01:25 AM

While I don't exercise daily always begin my day with a light warm up and then a series of stretches.
When I was young I was very suptle and extremely flexible and I don't wish to lose that any time soon, as I believe it goes a long way to helping me get thru the day
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-07-2019, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Thanks Floydy. I'm glad you're still getting your workouts, as I know they'll help you relax after all your night shifts. It's surprising how the legs are shaping up all things considered. I just read an article where a doctor said that exercise is the best painkiller and generally speaking I agree with him/her based on personal experience. Gently does it in the early days though, eh!

My mum seems to be recovering from her debilitating nausea, touch wood. She's been walking my brother's dog a couple of times a day and trying to build back up to her normal walks. That's always a good sign.

Take care mate and keep up the good work!
Thanks for this, Tachyon
My workouts have been rather sparse of late. The weather is too nice to be thrashing it out at the gym; I've just been enjoying relaxing out in the garden with a book in the afternoons and oddly, I haven't missed the gym one bit. I'm busy and active at work though I intend to do some training today, pending if my wife wants me to take her out for some air. We'll see.

Good news on your mother, that's nice to see. Every little bit of exercise helps and walking the dog will be very pleasurable not only for the walk but it will keep her happy too and take her mind off her illness for a while.

You've been training very hard as usual, it's good to read your posts as always. You are really racking up those figures too. Getting stronger and fitter as each session passes. Well done mate

Page 307 of 370 « First < 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 357 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top