Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 08:50 PM

Yes, Yes ... 9/11 Again

The U.S. government lied, they say. Even "an inside job" others say. I have no doubt the government lied but I won't go so far to say that I honestly believe it was "an inside job". I've seen YouTube footage that promises "Bush admits this ... " or "Bush admits that .... ". Such statements don't usually keep their promises. It's often not more than a word here or a word there ... and you have to make a leap or two to get from one to the other. But here is something that really got my attention. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, or place it into some other context in order to debunk the video's claim of "Bush admits". He says something very odd in this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpcJyn3N5ks
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 09:34 PM

Re: Yes, Yes ... 9/11 Again

After the ‘Weapons of mass destruction’ hoodwink I have never believed a word uttered by American politicians, and the others on this side of the Atlantic who went along with them, any faith I had in them is gone forever, they’re all proven liars simple as that. Proven liars in high positions should be banned from ever speaking in public again, that’s the very least they owe their people.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
After the ‘Weapons of mass destruction’ hoodwink I have never believed a word uttered by American politicians, and the others on this side of the Atlantic who went along with them, any faith I had in them is gone forever, they’re all proven liars simple as that. Proven liars in high positions should be banned from ever speaking in public again, that’s the very least they owe their people.
I agree with you 1000%. The only reason I try to give them the benefit of the doubt is because I don't want to become a raving lunatic. I want to be a person who I can be proud of being, someone with an open mind. But this video is something out of the ordinary. Did you watch it? What he says cannot be taken out of context, as far as I can see. He simply said it ... straight up.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 09:53 PM

Unless he meant to say "explosions " meaning those caused by the impact of the planes. He was often not very coherent with his words.
I will never forget the way he behaved at the nursery school when he was told about the attacks. Very odd behaviour for one who was in power and leader of a country that had such a terrible occurrence.
I visited the US nothing afterwards and remember seeing a video claiming a conspiracy, all very odd.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

03-12-2015, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Unless he meant to say "explosions " meaning those caused by the impact of the planes.
Well, he does say something like "specifically placing them there so that people above that point would be prevented from exiting the building". I have difficulty equating "the placement of an explosion" with "targeting an aeroplane to strike a specific point".

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I will never forget the way he behaved at the nursery school when he was told about the attacks. Very odd behaviour for one who was in power and leader of a country that had such a terrible occurrence.
Logistical snag positioning the official puppet-master above the class room, I imagine. Notice that he had no ear-piece either.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:15 PM

You can't change policy with a few deaths however,you make it a few thousand and you can.JMO
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 12:29 PM

People in a rush to prove this wasn't as reported worry me, if it can be proved we have murdered so many people in the middle east. kept people in prisons for years with no trail and gone to war with terrorism because we initially believed the towers were a terrorist attack.

Be careful what you wish for because if you do prove it what next ?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

03-12-2015, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
People in a rush to prove this wasn't as reported worry me, if it can be proved we have murdered so many people in the middle east. kept people in prisons for years with no trail and gone to war with terrorism because we initially believed the towers were a terrorist attack.

Be careful what you wish for because if you do prove it what next ?
That worries you? The worry we all face towards the future of civilization is that there are those who try to justify the facts that so many people are being murdered in the middle east, the fact that so many people are being held and tortured in prisons with no trial for years, and that the invasion of Irak was intentionally mis-targeted knowing perfectly well that Saddam and his nation had no WMD's and had nothing to do with any terrorist attack upon the towers, whether it was carried out from abroad or home-spun.

What worries me personally is the increasing possibility that Arab terrorists (in the long run) are doing us a favour and may end up being legitimate, historical heroes for the sacrifice they are making in the face of our inability to do the job ourselves, from within. If the tables were turned we might see ourselves as collectively guilty by way of our complacency …. standing by and watching (or even supporting) the wholesale treachery being committed upon the world for the benefit of Western interests ……. thus legitimizing terrorism against us.

Bush said, “You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists!” Ought we to expect the outside world to look upon us in a dissimilar fashion? Are we either with humanity or against it? Do we (as so-called Democratic people) allow the population of the middle east be murdered, allow so many people be tortured and held in prisons without trial, allow invasions to be conducted …. that we are deemed “with it” rather than “against it”?

Is what worries you not the same as what worries me?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2015, 01:56 PM

It worries me I may be part of the country that caused the suffering of many in the middle east, and by extension those who have been killed and injured when they have fought back.

If what you say is in anyway true we are the monsters not the terrorists, which I find hard to feel in anyway good about.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

03-12-2015, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It worries me I may be part of the country that caused the suffering of many in the middle east, and by extension those who have been killed and injured when they have fought back.

If what you say is in anyway true we are the monsters not the terrorists, which I find hard to feel in anyway good about.
I'm with you ..... three thousand percent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top