Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 09:40 PM

310 MILLION GUNS in the hands of American civilians!

"The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

With all of the guns they already have, I suggest that "good guys" are in very short supply.

All that I ask is that we control our airports here in Europe so that Americans cannot bring their toys with them. What they do "over there" no longer distresses me. In fact, I am nearing the point where I might cheer them on to finish the job and get it over with.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 10:39 PM

Re: 310 MILLION GUNS in the hands of American civilians!

It's certainly one of the things that scares me about the US - way too many guns. If you took away the guns, and the crime, I'd actually be interested in moving out there for a while
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 11:08 PM

Well rate they are killing each other and the police have joined in too I don't think that they need to worry about anything or anyone taking them over.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
It's certainly one of the things that scares me about the US - way too many guns. If you took away the guns, and the crime, I'd actually be interested in moving out there for a while

Why was it ever allowed to get so out of hand in the first place?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 11:17 PM

Gun ownership isn't my thing but then again .. I'm not American so don't understand the mindset. It's their right to bear arms, it's in their Constitution.
If I lived there .. I'd probably get one.

In the UK, minus guns (legally), we seem to run around stabbing each other instead.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 11:24 PM

I am an American and it scares me witless. What brought it about? The second amendment about the right to bear arms being taken literally. I'm embarrassed that the rest of the world sees America as wild west city with everyone armed to the gills.
I have two big scary dogs that I love dearly. Why would I need a firearm? They will hear an intruder long before I do. Best security system you could ask for. Plus a warm cuddly body on cold nights. I don't understand owning a gun unless you are police or a soldier.
But every time there is another mass shooting, all the loony tunes go out to buy yet MORE guns. They've even come up with a home shopping network now. Sit in your living room and order up an arsenal legally. Because no politician can fight the NRA, not in our lifetime anyway.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2015, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
I am an American and it scares me witless. What brought it about? The second amendment about the right to bear arms being taken literally. I'm embarrassed that the rest of the world sees America as wild west city with everyone armed to the gills.
I have two big scary dogs that I love dearly. Why would I need a firearm? They will hear an intruder long before I do. Best security system you could ask for. Plus a warm cuddly body on cold nights. I don't understand owning a gun unless you are police or a soldier.
But every time there is another mass shooting, all the loony tunes go out to buy yet MORE guns. They've even come up with a home shopping network now. Sit in your living room and order up an arsenal legally. Because no politician can fight the NRA, not in our lifetime anyway.

I can hardly believe that Opheila, that's just awful. I can't imagine living like that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 12:43 AM

Hi

In the small village where I live, guns are commonplace.

They are there for a reason, farming.

Nobody kills anyone , and that is the difference, they would not dream of firing one to kill another person.

The American mindset is very different to the British one.

They do not understand our thinking on guns, we do not understand theirs.

Not much more to say about it really.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
I am an American and it scares me witless. What brought it about? The second amendment about the right to bear arms being taken literally. ....
It is so refreshing to hear somebody from the US say that.
Thank you.

I belong to a group that consists mainly of women from the US.
The majority of them are forever saying that it's their right, and that guns don't kill people. (Every time I hear that, I wanna scream!)
They always say if people were allowed to bear arms where there was a mass shooting, the only ones dead would be the shooters.
When will they get it into their heads that more guns equals more deaths??

Swimfeeders, you are correct. The American mindset is very different, even from Canadians.
I find that to be scary also.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2015, 01:31 AM

But it's not "American" any more than Donald Trump speaks for us...I don't know if douche bag is too vulgar for this site but yeah that sums him up. We live next to Newark New Jersey. What that means is we're next to a very populated urban area. There is a place I go to regularly maybe three blocks away. There is a quickie mart around the corner. They say the owner was involved in illegal lottery. He was shot in the stomach but lived.

My favorite nail place? Bullet proof glass and you have to be buzzed in to enter now. I think it's more about fear with many US citizens. There are just so very many guns out there and no we all don't approve, but no one can stop it. Local police have gun buy backs a few times a year.

Probably unheard of where many of you live. They set up a few drop off places and offer $300 a weapon up to three weapons...no questions asked. Just a drop in the bucket compared to how many are still out there. So if Trump wins, how do I get UK citizenship???

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top