Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 04:25 PM

Swedish Women on ORGASM

In today's METRO, Sweden. I've translated the bulk of it myself, so anything that might be unclear is my fault.

METRO. 07 January 2016

“It ought to be obvious that women should have an orgasm. We must change our view on female sexuality and pleasure. It should not be considered a feminist cause to cum”, writes Emelie Jonson.

“Many think that sexual intercourse is complete once the man has had an orgasm, our upbringing on sexuality teaches us that a woman's orgasm is not as important as a man's. It should not be that way.”

“Have you ever considered the fact that boys and girls are brought up differently with regards sexuality? If not, let me explain.”

“When I was younger it was understood that boys masturbated. It was not a question of 'if' they did but more a question of 'how much'. It was often discussed openly and was a natural part of growing up for them.”

“No one ever said it was OK”
(such discussions) “for us girls to do the same.”

“So really it is not so odd that many today consider the act of sex completed when the male reaches orgasm. Women have, if we focus on heterosexual relationship, never had an opportunity to understand that her own sexuality, her pleasure, is equally important.”

That women have not been able to appreciate this fact … “is because of what the community has taught them, or more correctly what it has not taught them.”

“Personally, I have heard that untold numbers of males, generally speaking, question the fact that women do not masturbate.”

“The key to female orgasm, generally speaking, is by direct stimulation of the clitoris. Where is sexual knowledge that ought to teach young girls this fact? Why are we deprived control of our own sexuality through silence on the subject?”

“It is time to react. Everything revolves around creating a society where satisfaction of both genders are equally important. Where young people are not separated by gender, where one partner is allowed to experiment with his sexuality while the other, in silence, simply accepts that she should not.”

Emelie Jonson

My spontaneous reaction is (1) that I doubt this Emelie Jonson knows very much about boys, what we know, and what we believe (2) that she thinks boys are actually taught what is pleasurable and (3) …… she is completely oblivious to the biological differences in male/female orgasm and their natural, “unequal” consequences. If she wants to pull herself on the sly (as do boys) …. who cares? I'll neither scoff - nor cheer her on.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 04:36 PM

Re: Swedish Women on ORGASM

Very apt topic when Sweden is undergoing so much turmoil with regard to rape especially. I think Swedish women have far more important things to worry about.
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 04:55 PM

Is this actually a current article? It sounds as though it might have been written in the 1960s. She's a bit out of date!
And I thought Sweden was so progressive! Oh well, you live and learn.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 05:13 PM

What a subject. It's put me right off my crumpets & tea.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
Is this actually a current article?....
Being read by Swedish commuters as we speak.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 05:23 PM

Sounds as if Swedish women have been repressed.
Surprising.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 05:24 PM

I can't imagine why you want to discuss this on a senior forum. We are not sexually active boys & girls - just mostly retired folk who know it all already.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
.... retired folk who know it all
I wish.

Stop learning ? Might as well be dead.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I can't imagine why you want to discuss this on a senior forum. We are not sexually active boys & girls - just mostly retired folk who know it all already.
Thank you Carol. In my opinion , sex has always been overrated, messy and unhygienic
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 05:41 PM

I can't see anything to quarrel with in the article. I am probably somewhat out of date now in what men know of how women reach orgasm but, in my day, few, if any knew or cared how, when or whether their female partners reached orgasm or not. If they knew, or were directed towards mutual orgasm, they very soon lost interest or concentration in their eagerness to achieve their own satisfaction.

Later generations undoubtedly know more than my contemporaries but I doubt if many of them have the patience or interest to spend the time and effort it can take. On evidence from the ever more explicit filming of sexual patterns, there is still a great deal more emphasis on male stimulous than female and the occasional nod towards the clitoris is insultingly dismissive.

In case the above is seen as yet another feminazi attack on the beleaguered male, it is not. The fault, if there is one, is equally to be laid against women who have faked pleasure and orgams for years, if not decades, in the persuit of a quiet life and in fear of alienating a partner or bread-winner/

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top