Join for free
Page 16 of 18 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:41 AM

Re: Anti Vaxxers Rubbish.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
For those of us who support vaccinations, this makes interesting reading from the World Health Organisation....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47940710
Good article,

But rich countries with seemingly high vaccination rates are seeing cases spike too. This is because clusters of people are choosing not to vaccinate their children due to the spread of untrue anti-vax messages on social media.

It is worth noting these figures are provisional, the WHO says the true figures will be much higher. And that measles is far from harmless. It kills around 100,000 people, mostly children, every year.
Yet we have our resident sophist blaming it all on the flu vaccine whenever he is questioned and then has the hide to claim that he is the one being lectured to. You only have to look at the relative number of posts from each participant to see who is doing the lecturing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 12:08 PM

Bruce, I personally agree with Realist on the flu vaccine but maybe not agree with him on the vaccination of babies and children.
It occurred to me, that babies and children are vaccinated once only, with the exception of boosters.
Yet, mainly older people have their bodies, bombarded annually with a flu vaccine.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
This is because clusters of people are choosing not to vaccinate their children due to the spread of untrue anti-vax messages on social media.

Ah yes the great scare story about nasty anti-vaxxers being the cause of Measles outbreaks.

Of course everyone here is well researched aren't they so they will have read the facts about the US Measles outbreaks and how a plethora of misleading journalistic articles of desperately trying to throw the blame onto the "anti-vaxxer" movement. It is of course Billy BS. As always.

"These claims are all misleading. The anti-vaxxer movement isn’t really on the rise all across America, and measles hasn’t really re-emerged from clinical oblivion or become a fatal threat to everyone’s well-being."

"Here’s the most important fact that’s lost in these panicky appraisals: Vaccination rates for measles, nationwide, aren’t going down. They’ve been very stable for a while now. In 2017, the most recent year for which data are available, 91.5 percent of the nation’s children below the age of 3 had received their first dose of the MMR vaccine. Five years ago, in 2014, that figure was also 91.5 percent. Go back to 2010, and you’ll find it was 91.5 percent. What about 2005? Again, 91.5 percent. "

"In spite of this long-term nontrend, a canonical media narrative—and one that’s been repeated many times in recent coverage of Clark County—describes a swelling, anti-vaxxer menace to America. "

"What about the tragic fact, so often cited in the news, that measles—a once-vanquished disease—is breaking out again across the country? That, too, is a gross exaggeration. "

"It’s also worth considering that, even today, the incidence of measles—and its total impact on American public health—remains minuscule. Before we had a vaccine, when hundreds of thousands of people contracted the disease per year, around 1 patient died for every 1,000 sufferers"

"Since 2000, there have been a total of 11 reported deaths from measles. While those 11 deaths may have been preventable, and heartbreaking and outrageous, they’re also extreme outliers. The number of Americans who die from measles every year, in this era of resurgence, matches up to the annual number of Americans who get killed by scorpions. "
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 12:35 PM

Paediatrician Explains Fallacy Of Media-Hyped Hysteria About The Measles

https://www.collective-evolution.com...t-the-measles/

"The media generated high public anxiety. This fear mongering led to the demonization of unvaccinated children, who were perceived as the spreaders of this disease. Rebecca J. McNall, a co-author of the published report, is a CDC official in the Division of Viral Diseases who had the data proving that the measles outbreak was in part caused by the vaccine. It is evidence of the vaccine’s failure to provide immunity. "

"Not only that, but according to a MedAlerts search of the FDA Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) database, as of 2/5/19, the cumulative raw count of adverse events from measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines alone was: 93,929 adverse events, 1,810 disabilities, 6,902 hospitalizations, and 463 deaths. The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act has paid out approximately $4 billion to compensate families of vaccine injured children. "

"From 2013 to 2017, measles killed 2 people, but the vaccine killed 127 people. The odds of dying from the measles are 0.01 – 0.02 percent, meaning you have a greater chance of getting hit by a lightning bolt multiple times."

"These are a few of many facts that the mainstream media is not really sharing, and furthermore, anyone who speaks up about this publicly, especially prominent scientists and doctors, are instantly vilified by the media. The media uses pure ridicule, labelling those who want to have a mere discussion about it and present facts about it as “anti-vax conspiracy theorists.” What we never see, however, are the points made by vaccine awareness advocates, and the points made in this article countered. Perhaps they cannot be countered? And perhaps this is why the main tactics used by big pharma and big media are ridicule and shame?"
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bruce, I personally agree with Realist on the flu vaccine but maybe not agree with him on the vaccination of babies and children.
It occurred to me, that babies and children are vaccinated once only, with the exception of boosters.
Yet, mainly older people have their bodies, bombarded annually with a flu vaccine.
Art that is because flu viruses have the ability to mutate & become a different virus ( hence bird flu, asian flu, swine flu) so a one off jab would never work.
They choose the most virulent viruses to try and prevent pandemics, because once that happens many people will die & they cannot provide good care for them all. Flu can kill & that is why many people, with a lower ability to fight the disease, are on the priority list for the jab.

It doesn't stop you getting a cold, & at that time of year many people do. That is why they think they have flu after they have had the jab but cold is a different virus with similar symptoms... yet far less dangerous!

I have had one, for at least the last 20 years, and suffered no ill effects from them, but once again it is a personal choice! They don't stop you catching the illness, no vaccine can do that, but they do make sure that your symptoms are considerably reduced.
In the case of a pandemic this means that you are much less likely to die from it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Art that is because flu viruses have the ability to mutate & become a different virus ( hence bird flu, asian flu, swine flu) so a one off jab would never work.
They choose the most virulent viruses to try and prevent pandemics, because once that happens many people will die & they cannot provide good care for them all. Flu can kill & that is why many people, with a lower ability to fight the disease, are on the priority list for the jab.

It doesn't stop you getting a cold, & at that time of year many people do. That is why they think they have flu after they have had the jab but cold is a different virus with similar symptoms... yet far less dangerous!

I have had one, for at least the last 20 years, and suffered no ill effects from them, but once again it is a personal choice! They don't stop you catching the illness, no vaccine can do that, but they do make sure that your symptoms are considerably reduced.
In the case of a pandemic this means that you are much less likely to die from it.
Twink, You have the flu vaccine every year, yet l have never had the flu vaccine.
But look.....it seems the end result is just the same, neither of us, have contracted flu!
On the other hand, I have had every childhood vaccine and l have never caught anything that l was protected against.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 03:15 PM

Twink, You have the flu vaccine every year, yet l have never had the flu vaccine.
But look.....it seems the end result is just the same, neither of us, have contracted flu!
On the other hand, I have had every childhood vaccine and l have never caught anything that l was protected against.
Any vaccine can never stop you catching an illness but the symptoms are so trivial in many cases, owing to the build up of antibodies from having the vaccines, that you may not notice you have contracted the disease.
Jabs like diphtheria, polio & smallpox were given to protect all children, but also to make sure anybody who did get it would not pass it onto others before they knew they had it. In my life I have only known 2 people who had polio ( and they had both spent time abroad) and one distant relative who died from diphtheria. So few that I have to feel that vaccinating children was a good move.
With flu, maybe neither of us have been exposed to the virus in the last 20 years, but if there was a pandemic, as there was with Spanish Flu in 1918, I would expect my chances of surviving it to be greater than any who hadn't had the jab.
Spanish flu infected 500million people in 1918 and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans. That is how serious a flu pandemic can be & it is too late to stop it once it arrives. That is why I choose to have my jab every year.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Any vaccine can never stop you catching an illness but the symptoms are so trivial in many cases, owing to the build up of antibodies from having the vaccines, that you may not notice you have contracted the disease.
Jabs like diphtheria, polio & smallpox were given to protect all children, but also to make sure anybody who did get it would not pass it onto others before they knew they had it. In my life I have only known 2 people who had polio ( and they had both spent time abroad) and one distant relative who died from diphtheria. So few that I have to feel that vaccinating children was a good move.
With flu, maybe neither of us have been exposed to the virus in the last 20 years, but if there was a pandemic, as there was with Spanish Flu in 1918, I would expect my chances of surviving it to be greater than any who hadn't had the jab.
Spanish flu infected 500million people in 1918 and killed an estimated 20 million to 50 million victims, including some 675,000 Americans. That is how serious a flu pandemic can be & it is too late to stop it once it arrives. That is why I choose to have my jab every year.
Twink, Regarding Flu, you are talking about what occured over a hundred years ago!
The most common causes of death these days are related to cancer, heart conditions and external conditions.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2019, 05:06 PM

Twink, Regarding Flu, you are talking about what occured over a hundred years ago!
The most common causes of death these days are related to cancer, heart conditions and external conditions.
You are correct Art. Mis-use of statistics, out of context.

Back then hospitals were poor, sanitation was poor, hygiene was poor and 100s of 1000s of men and women were in the military and on the move, often living in cramped unhealthy quarters. Nothing whatsoever like today.

This has been discussed and exposed at length before. The majority of those that died didn't actually die from the flu itself. A great many actually died from Aspirin poisoning because back then they thought huge doses of Aspirin were the answer. Others died of pneumonia not flu, because they had weak immune systems for the previously mentioned reasons, bad hygiene, sanitation and so on.

The TRUTH and fact remains which is that the flu vaccine only helps about 1 in 100 people that are vaccinated. Those are terrible odds and it means the vast majority of people, vaccinated or not, will be subject to contagion and suffering if there is a widespread flu pandemic.

If/when it happens we will of course see and know that truth for real and then people will realise that flu vaccines are just snake oil.

Your best defence again such things is to understand your body, understand what it needs and give it an abundance of those things regularly. That includes plenty of Vit D3 from natural sunlight, oily fish and other foods, lots of good vegetables and fruits. It means steering clear of refined sugar completely (i.e. just don't buy bags of granulated sugar) and being ruthless about reading product labels to see how much sugar the maker has piled into them. Like your Metatone tonic for example !!

Your body is an amazing bit of kit but it requires the right fuel.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

12-05-2019, 05:20 PM

You obviously haven't heard details of pandemics. When the bird flu was discovered they were afraid that it may become a pandemic, that is why thousands of birds were destroyed even if they had shown no signs of being infected. Flu can kill and we are no closer to finding a cure than we were 100 years ago. If we had a pandemic today, flu would quickly become a common cause of death during that period, that is why they make so much effort to prevent it.

In many cases Pneumonia is listed as the cause of death, but pneumonia only kills when the body is so weak that there is no way the person can fight it, so I would expect most cases of flu have Pneumonia listed as the cause of death. This isn't my opinion it is based on what I learned in my A level courses & medical research that I have read because it interests me so much.

I am not trying to tell anybody they are wrong, not to have the flu jab , because I believe it is a personal choice, but I am saying that I would prefer not to take the risk in case a pandemic occurs. People travel so much these days that a pandemic could easily occur from just a small number carrying the virus!

Page 16 of 18 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top