Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 09:06 AM

Re: Race For Life

Good for you EZ, can't wait to see the photo of you in Pink !

Cancer research are already suggesting that in the next 20-30 years cancer will be an illness we live with, rather than die from, and much of that good news is down to the many people who do so much to cover the cost of the research.

We will beat cancer in the end
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 09:10 AM

EZ....is da man!!

Well done mister
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 09:19 AM

Thank you all for your enthusiastic and encouraging comments. I know 5k is not far for someone who normally walks that distance every day, but it's spread over three walks per day. This will be a run rather than a slow amble. Can't wait to see how my arthritic ankles hold out!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I've only just twigged why your username is Floydy, Floydy!

I may be slow, but I get there in the end!
Lol! The subtle hints may continue, Pyxell
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:06 PM

Wow! How wonderful that you are taking on this challenge!

There are many sources on the internet that offer advice on how to prepare for a 5K, as well as phone app (Couch to 5K), that you might want to check out. As you train, make sure you build in some recovery days.

Do you have good running shoes?

Be sure to pop in over on the exercise thread to tell us how your training is going.

Best wishes!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I have just, for the first time, registered for the local Race For Life fund raiser in aid of Cancer research. I have started with the shortest distance which is only 5k which is around three miles. I feel I don't do enough to help in the search for a cure for this awful disease so this year I thought now is my time to man up. I walk quite a lot and I still have a session of jogging around the woods where I live so I thought why not do it while i'm still young enough wearing pink?
Excellent!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top