Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:23 AM

Ev,s, to emit noise

Electric vehicles will have to emit a false engine noise, at speeds of less than 12mph, to allow pedestrians to hear them approaching, this got me thinking,
Rather than the sound of an engine, what if the driver could customise the sound, like a phone ringtone,
What sounds would you choose?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:33 AM

Re: Ev,s, to emit noise

It's about time. One pulled up behind me last week when I was taking shopping out the back but I had no idea it was there until I turned around.

As for which noise we would like, I was thinking of the song 'Mahna Mahna' by the Muppets.

'Doo doo do do do'
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 09:33 AM

That would be SO annoying. They should give them a sound like the old milk carts.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:03 AM

Them, some other cars and cyclists are dangerous in country lanes! Especially when walking dogs as the dog could smell an interesting whiff and lurch towards it!

I'd like them to play, "Ride of the Valkeries".
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:06 AM

How about blue flashing lights and an ex WW2 air raid siren? Or. making it a law to stick your head out of the window and yell "Get out of the bloody way".
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:11 AM

How about this for the 'petrol heads' I know there are on OFF?

You may not be able to afford any of the cars with these exhaust notes but after buying your electric car you may have some change left to order a specific exhaust noise as an 'extra'!

If nothing else it would just let people know you have both arrived and are there where least expected!

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...sounding-cars/

Mind how you go on the volume control though, some are rather noisy, in a nice kind of way!

An afterthought – perhaps some entrepreneur out there will see there could well be a market for various sounds to go with electric vehicles, if this becomes a requirement?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That would be SO annoying. They should give them a sound like the old milk carts.
You mean clip! clop! Clip Clop! Annie?

Regards Donkeyman!
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 11:41 AM

Overture to William Tell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpBrOaxArm4
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 03:27 PM

How about this:-

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How about this:-

I love that song. Perhaps the sound could be 'Honey, take me for a spiyun'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top