Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 05:55 PM

Re: Maybe They Should Have Consulted MA .....

I would have painted them for £100 each, with mustaches and glasses already on!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 06:02 PM

good on ya !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
You'd ask for the money back wouldn't you! They are all terrible. As you have said, what is wrong with just having a photo taken?

You can even print photos on special paper that looks like they are painted on canvas - done that for my card making.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2014, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You can even print photos on special paper that looks like they are painted on canvas - done that for my card making.
I really like those pop art - like the Andy Warhol type pictures; I wanted to get one of those done for each of my granddaughters and they said no

Similar to this

but maybe not 6 of them
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 08:38 AM

"We've been collecting art in the House of Commons, and Parliament generally, since the 14th century.

"We're preserving the history of Parliament through art. We're also doing a number of other things as part of that process: one is supporting young artists.

"Most of the artists who paint for us are up-and-coming... We also bargain very, very seriously"

Frank Doran, Labour MP and chairman of the Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2014, 11:59 AM

If they pay for it themselves, then it's very commendable to be doing so much good for up and coming artists - although I suspect the local colleges that teach art might just put the money to better use.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top