Join for free
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 12:57 PM

Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

I'd be really interested to know how many of our members do not have the flu jab.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 01:15 PM

Re: Who doesn't have the flu jab and why?

I don't .
I don't like needles and I don't see the point of putting some other virus or whatever into my body .
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 01:20 PM

Hi Carol.
I've had a flu jab just the once about three years ago. Never again.
That winter I suffered the worst bout of cold and flu I'd ever experienced. There are different strains of the flu virus and unless the jab matches what you pick up, it doesn't work and can even make it worse by giving you more severe symptoms.
I hate taking medicines except those prescribed by a GP as over-the-counter ones never seem to work.
It's a massive money-making racket.
There is no real cure for a cold or flu, so why waste money on 'remedies'.
Hot drinks, keep warm, stay away from others who have colds and ride it out I'm afraid. The only way.

Get well soon Carol
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 01:44 PM

Hello Carol. I have had the flu jab every year for many years and never had a problem.. Man flu? Yes a couple of times but there is no treatment for that.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:11 PM

I had the flu jab 3 times when I worked with vulnerable older people . Each time I was really unwell within a week , one time so ill my throat was on fire and started closing up , in panic during the night I called an ambulance . I couldn't speak for 4 days . I blame the flu jab for each illness

Now I refuse each year and I won't ever have another .
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:11 PM

I was supposed to have it this year (first year) and didn't. I know 6 people who did and 5 of them were ill afterwards. I'm not taking the risk.

I've been told off at the COPD clinic for not having it but sod it, none of them need to have it so until they do I will ignore their preaching
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:24 PM

I don't have it, I get called in for it every year but I know too many people who have said it makes them feel terrible.
I haven't had flu for decades and only the last two years have I had colds, which usually clear up with Vit C and zinc.
I think there are too many vaccines, one day there will be a super dooper bug that no one can prevent that will wipe us out because are bodies aren't used to fighting for themselves
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:25 PM

I don’t for all the reasons the above posters mentioned. Plus I don’t get the flu.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think there are too many vaccines, one day there will be a super dooper bug that no one can prevent that will wipe us out because are bodies aren't used to fighting for themselves
^^^^& this
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
This is why antibiotics aren't as effective as they once were and why you can't get them from a doctor unless you're half dead!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top