Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:37 PM

Re: Besoeker's travel

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't like salmon but I wonder if this recipe would work with tuna steak, do you think Bes?
Thank you, LQ.
I imagine it would. But I am just the consumer, not the producer............
My dear wife is excellent with food and cooking. She did her food blog for a while. A few ideas here.

http://adollopofcream.blogspot.com/

My input was pressing that shutter on the camera.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Thank you, LQ.
I imagine it would. But I am just the consumer, not the producer............
My dear wife is excellent with food and cooking. She did her food blog for a while. A few ideas here.

http://adollopofcream.blogspot.com/
ooooo I'm gonna try that bacon and baked potato soup with blue cheese, I love to make homemade soups and this sounds soooooo nice. I'll let you know when I've made it. Thank you for the link.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2019, 07:01 PM

ooooo I'm gonna try that bacon and baked potato soup with blue cheese, I love to make homemade soups and this sounds soooooo nice. I'll let you know when I've made it. Thank you for the link.
Thank you kindly, lady Lion Queen. You are one of the gems here.

I started this thread to give a little soupçon of my life and where it has taken me. And maybe where I got to.

I'm in my mid seventies, been retired for a few years but still do technical consultancy. Keeps the brain ticking over. Not a bad thing.

Where has it taken me?
Georgia for one where I met my sweet wife.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 06:09 AM

Georgia? Which part? I'm through there about once a month on my way to North Carolina.

That wood is really a nice specimen, Besoeker. If it's Cretaceous then its 90-95 million years old. It's hard to imagine a time in which the Sahara was once dense with forests where dinosaurs roamed the land.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

27-05-2019, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Georgia? Which part? I'm through there about once a month on my way to North Carolina.

That wood is really a nice specimen, Besoeker. If it's Cretaceous then its 90-95 million years old. It's hard to imagine a time in which the Sahara was once dense with forests where dinosaurs roamed the land.
Thank you for the fossil information, Surfermom.
Near Canton in Georgia, about 50 miles north of Atlanta.
Pretty part of the country. We toured around a bit including Helen, Elijay.......
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 10:41 PM

Thank you for the fossil information, Surfermom.
Near Canton in Georgia, about 50 miles north of Atlanta.
Pretty part of the country. We toured around a bit including Helen, Elijay.......
You are welcome, Besoeker.

Very nice. There are some lovely places in north Georgia and it has the advantage of being close enough to Atlanta to enjoy it, while being far enough to not be affected by it .

Good for you for landing a southern girl .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

01-06-2019, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You are welcome, Besoeker.

Very nice. There are some lovely places in north Georgia and it has the advantage of being close enough to Atlanta to enjoy it, while being far enough to not be affected by it .

Good for you for landing a southern girl .
Thank you.
We went to north Georgia. Spent a couple of nights in Helen.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

28-07-2019, 09:47 PM

I don't like salmon but I wonder if this recipe would work with tuna steak, do you think Bes?
LQ, I think it would. I like tuna. I'm not the cook though.
Mrs Mac is the genius.The marinated and grilled chicken tonight was to die for.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

07-12-2019, 05:55 PM

As some you will know, we have a big dog - a 40kg beast. (About 6 stone 5 pounds for those of you think Imperial........). We have a neighbour who has a feisty Bedlington Terrier. She can't walk very far so we take him with us when we walk ours, big, hairy Max.

The lovely lady keeps giving us treats for Max and us. Yesterday it was peppered smoked mackerel fillets. Well, actually four of them, two peppered, two not.

Delicious. We don't eat fish as often as we should. More healthy than red meat.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 05:58 PM

As some you will know, we have a big dog - a 40kg beast. (About 6 stone 5 pounds for those of you think Imperial........). We have a neighbour who has a feisty Bedlington Terrier. She can't walk very far so we take him with us when we walk ours, big, hairy Max.

The lovely lady keeps giving us treats for Max and us. Yesterday it was peppered smoked mackerel fillets. Well, actually four of them, two peppered, two not.

Delicious. We don't eat fish as often as we should. More healthy than red meat.

Ah, the Beddie is still around then Besoeker.

I ask you in another thread, can't remember which one, whether you were still thinking about taking him on, as you hadn't mentioned him lately.
Glad he is still about.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top