Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:19 PM

Do You Have a Favourite Breakfast!

I've just posted in the Recipe section about Fried Eggs.
It's really handy for me because HWMO's favourite breakfast at the moment is a quarter pounder Veggie Burger with a Fried Egg on top. Easy to do as it's just a case of a preheated oven, 25 minutes on a baking tray, Fry the egg in the last 5 minutes, pray for the best when flipping the egg and put on a warmed plate with buttered toast.
Far better for him than the continuous appeal for sausages or bacon when he is supposed to keep his cholesterol down.
Mind you, bless him, he has kept up with no sugar in his mug of tea instead of 3 spoonfuls.

Love an easy life!

Do you have a favourite breakfast, or are you a creature of habit and diligently have your cereal and toast every morning?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:21 PM

Re: Do You Have a Favourite Breakfast!

Sainsbury's breakfast brunch.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:27 PM

When in a hotel I always ask for poached egg on wholemeal toast as I love the way some chefs make them look like spindly clouds
And when you break in to them the perfect yolk runs on to the buttered toast!
Divine!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:31 PM

Hi Besoeker, is the breakfast brunch something you have in Sainsbury's cafe or is it a meal you buy to do at home? Is it similar to a Bacon brunch that I do with fried potatoes, onion and cut up streaky bacon, (only on a weekend).
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:31 PM

I don't really have breakfast as such.

If I'm hungry, I might cook a lunch...at 9.30 am! Pasta, or a rice dish, or a stir-fry.

Or I might have a snack of cheese and some baby tomatoes.

Some days I don't eat anything until midday.

Just depends how I feel.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-06-2019, 04:33 PM

Rhian, for starters, breakfast always taste much nicer when you haven't had to cook it yourself, especially when staying at a nice hotel. Those poached eggs sound really yum.

I have always been useless at doing poached eggs.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
When in a hotel I always ask for poached egg on wholemeal toast as I love the way some chefs make them look like spindly clouds
And when you break in to them the perfect yolk runs on to the buttered toast!
Divine!
I don't like runny yolks whatever way the eggs are prepared.
For eggs, give me a cheese omelette. Red Leicester.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-06-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I don't really have breakfast as such.

If I'm hungry, I might cook a lunch...at 9.30 am! Pasta, or a rice dish, or a stir-fry.

Or I might have a snack of cheese and some baby tomatoes.

Some days I don't eat anything until midday.

Just depends how I feel.
Pyxell, that sounds lovely. Many a morning, all I fancy with my orange juice is a Warburtons Toasted Crumpet with Butter. Sometimes I just have a couple of digestive biscuits.
Like you, it depends on the mood I'm in. So long as He Who Must Obey is fed and watered, I could eat anything for breakfast without it being breakfast food.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

15-06-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I don't like runny yolks whatever way the eggs are prepared.
For eggs, give me a cheese omelette. Red Leicester.
Love Red Leicester Cheese, just bought some, along with extra mature Cheddar (which I use with a little fresh tomato in my Omelette) and a small block of Vintage Stilton for my cheese board. I always put cheese in my mashed potato too. Love it.

I could happily eat Mashed potato for breakfast if it was fried in a little butter just to put a crisp on it. Yum!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Pyxell, that sounds lovely. Many a morning, all I fancy with my orange juice is a Warburtons Toasted Crumpet with Butter. Sometimes I just have a couple of digestive biscuits.
Like you, it depends on the mood I'm in. So long as He Who Must Obey is fed and watered, I could eat anything for breakfast without it being breakfast food.
I once had home-made trifle for breakfast!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top