Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:33 PM

Repairng Favourite Clothes

Sometimes you may think it is impossible to repair a tear in a favourite garment.

I often iron a small self-stick applique over the tear, which compliments the colour of the garment
Although.. I would avoid placing Two Cherries just where the nipples show on the garment.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:36 PM

Re: Repairng Favourite Clothes

I love rescuing favourite clothes, Azure. If they are totally beyond all hope - I save as much of the fabric as I can and make it into something else.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I love rescuing favourite clothes, Azure. If they are totally beyond all hope - I save as much of the fabric as I can and make it into something else.

Yes, Silver Tabby. it is surprising how many things you can make with clothes that no longer fit, especially if you are as creative as you are.

Sadly lots of lovely clothes are now binned

There are lots of instructions on youtube of how to renovate and recycle garments if anyone is interested.

And....old T-Shirts make very good dusters as well

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Sometimes you may think it is impossible to repair a tear in a favourite garment.

I often iron a small self-stick applique over the tear, which compliments the colour of the garment
Although.. I would avoid placing Two Cherries just where the nipples show on the garment.

Nah, leave them ripped and torn azure, then you’ll be down wiv da kids...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Nah, leave them ripped and torn azure, then you’ll be down wiv da kids...
Yeah. Then you’ll be in style. Lol
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

03-07-2019, 05:54 PM

Primus1 & Bratti

Who would have thought that Ripped Jeans would be the hight of fashion, and some people happily pay £100.00 for Designer Ripped Jeans?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Primus1 & Bratti

Who would have thought that Ripped Jeans would be the hight of fashion, and some people happily pay £100.00 for Designer Ripped Jeans?
Oo have you any ripped designer stuff azure?, you could make a bit on ebay:
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

04-07-2019, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Oo have you any ripped designer stuff azure?, you could make a bit on ebay:
Well, Primus.

I will have to get someone to rip my clothes of me first.

JJ50
United Kingdom
JJ50 is female 

12-07-2019, 01:28 PM

I am not sentimental about clothes, I get rid of them when they are past their sell buy date.
Kowhaigirl
New Zealand
Kowhaigirl is female 

13-07-2019, 03:38 AM

I have frumpy old fav clothes that are more patch and stitch than they are fabric. They are more comfy than anything off the shelf!
Would I wear them in public? Probably not, but I have been known to sneak out to the local store or something, ripped and torn and cherry nipples and all lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top