Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 10:03 PM

F.A.O.Artangel!

How are you?

I am fully recovered, Twink is right behind me, how is your injury now?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 10:17 PM

Re: F.A.O.Artangel!

Yes Art, are the stitches out yet, or is it too soon?
Hope it's healing well.

Glad you're on the mend again Tabs.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 12:58 PM

ST, I am Sorry, l didn’t see this thread until now. How kind of you to care. I am so pleased you are pain free and your toe is now on the mend.

I have the stitches out on Monday.
I went to see the nurse last Monday and yesterday and she said, it’s doing well. There’s no swelling or sign of infection. So that’s good!
She did put on a dressing that contains silver, she said this aids the recovery of the wound. I had never heard of a dressing containing silver before?

I can walk normally again but l dare not bend my knee too much in case l burst the stitches!
I had a go at trying to drive, thinking it would be ok. Operating the accelerator would have been ok but l couldn’t operate the brake as it needed more pressure.
As someone who is fiercely independent, that made me feel a bit desolate and lost. It’s just a matter of time now and l hope it flies, l just want to be back to normal!

Thank you Mups for asking too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 05:51 PM

Sounds like you have mended well art.
Only a couple more days to go and it will all be over.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 06:10 PM

Silver is an antibacterial, it's why in a traditional nurse's uniform the belt buckle was always silver.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Silver is an antibacterial, it's why in a traditional nurse's uniform the belt buckle was always silver.
True. It is good protection against the dreaded MRSA.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 10:56 AM

The dressings must cost if they have silver in them and l have had two put on this week.

I read, that the dressing containing silver must not go on healthy skin.
The nurse does cut the shape of my wound out of a larger piece. I suppose the spare bit is then discarded?
What a waste!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 11:21 AM

Rubbing it better helps, any volunteers?.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-07-2019, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Rubbing it better helps, any volunteers?.
Yeah! realspeed, You can take the stitches out too!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 02:23 PM

No probs, of course removing stitches I would have to make sure I was pulling correctly. I would hate to hear squeals of delight.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top