Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 11:53 AM

Re: palpitations

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Tara it is a symptom that should never be ignored, many people fail to get it checked and the first time they learn there is a problem is when they have a stroke.

Everyone particularly the over 65s should learn to check their pulse regularly for irregularities.
Knowing your Pulse can save your life.

Information here....

http://www.heartrhythmalliance.org/a...SAAEgIIv_D_BwE

''If you have atrial fibrillation, you are five times more likely to have a stroke. And atrial fibrillation contributes to just under 20% of all strokes in the UK.''
The stroke association
I avoid medics like the plague. I have had palpitations for many years, since I was young. I can go for months or even a year or two without having any.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I avoid medics like the plague. I have had palpitations for many years, since I was young. I can go for months or even a year or two without having any.
So did I Tara , now I wish I hadn't left it so long before having it checked out.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Tara, I only had my rapid heartbeats maybe once or twice a year, but as Meg suggested, it is unwise to ignore them.
I always think that, if we don't look after ourselves, who else will?
We probably all have friends or family that care so, if you don't do it for yourself, get it checked for them!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 06:15 PM

The only time I’ve had very fast heartbeats was after I’d eaten something I could be sensitive/allergic to
One such occurred at night after my evening meal and eventually stopped when I played detective and figured it was due to something in Heinz Carrot and Coriander soup which I was partial to . These were accompanied by “ sensations “ in the stomach which I noticed LQ mentioned.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
The only time I’ve had very fast heartbeats was after I’d eaten something I could be sensitive/allergic to
One such occurred at night after my evening meal and eventually stopped when I played detective and figured it was due to something in Heinz Carrot and Coriander soup which I was partial to . These were accompanied by “ sensations “ in the stomach which I noticed LQ mentioned.
Hi Zuleika that could be related to your Vagus nerve.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 07:36 PM

Hi Meg ,yes I realise that now.
Teeps
New Member!
Brigg Lincolnshire
Teeps is female 

06-08-2019, 12:58 PM

It can be caused by stress alone and is quite scary.
Zuleika
North West UK

06-08-2019, 04:27 PM

LQ hasn't come back in to tell us what the doctor said ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
LQ hasn't come back in to tell us what the doctor said ?
Sorry Zulu, I haven't been on much as I ve been quite poorly. I.m having more blood tests and the doctor wrote to the cardiologist to talk about me wearing a 24 HR heart monitor but he wants results of blood test first. It's all taking a long time but thats the NHS these days.

Doc has put me on beta blockers to help with the palpitations, I am feeling slightly better today but i.m certainly not right. It has been a very frightening time for me, my husband and dad.

i.ve seen the doctor more in the last two week as I have in the last 5 years!

Thank you for thinking of me x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Sorry Zulu, I haven't been on much as I ve been quite poorly. I.m having more blood tests and the doctor wrote to the cardiologist to talk about me wearing a 24 HR heart monitor but he wants results of blood test first. It's all taking a long time but thats the NHS these days.

Doc has put me on beta blockers to help with the palpitations, I am feeling slightly better today but i.m certainly not right. It has been a very frightening time for me, my husband and dad.

i.ve seen the doctor more in the last two week as I have in the last 5 years!

Thank you for thinking of me x
LQ, I hope you improve soon & the beta blockers should help. If they don't ask you doctor if you can see a cardiologist, it really helped me when mine told me that there was nothing wrong with my heart and one small beta blocker has stopped any further palpitations over the last 7 years.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top