Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 10:35 PM

Re: How are your dogs coping with the heat?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The dog on the floor pose is a familiar sight here too! Do all dogs lie on their left side I wonder?
Interesting point. I have wondered if dogs favour the right or left hand. Or neither. Ambidextrous maybe?

If Max wants me out of bed he taps it with his right paw. When he is about to get a treat he just sits down and offers me his left paw first - no command required.

I'm sure there are academic papers on this. But tomorrow, I shall observe.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Interesting point. I have wondered if dogs favour the right or left hand. Or neither. Ambidextrous maybe?

If Max wants me out of bed he taps it with his right paw. When he is about to get a treat he just sits down and offers me his left paw first - no command required.

I'm sure there are academic papers on this. But tomorrow, I shall observe.
It's interesting isn't it. Teddy favours the left (side/paw). I have such a struggle trying to brush his left side as he will go and lie on it and expose the right. Probably a great subject for a new thread. Apologies for taking this off topic.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 09:17 AM

We aren’t getting the extreme heat that you are so our girls are coping quite well but when it is very hot out I walk them in through the forest where it’s somewhat cooler. I also cut their fur so it’s shorter, put ice in their water and have a kiddie pool in our backyard for them to cool off in. Our oldest girl uses it all the time. She will also sleep on the hardwood floor under the bed if she’s too hot. Last night was very hot so I left the fan on. Right now they have little blankets on them cause it is cool. We’re ALL cool.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Same here Besoeker, peace in our time....
Awwww.... precious.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top