Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 11:21 AM

Flow Energy tell me that they're becoming part of Octupus Energy

I received an informational email from my supplier today, so I checked the latest business news:

https://www.theguardian.com/business...o-the-big-time

Octopus Energy has struck a deal to become one of the UK’s fastest growing energy suppliers after agreeing to buy a smaller rival.

The energy challenger brand told its staff on Wednesday that it has agreed to buy Co-op Energy, which supplies gas and electricity to about 300,000 homes.

Octopus, which supplies 850,000 customers, is expected to confirm early on Thursday that the deal will nudge its business past 1 million customers after only four years in the market.

The deal, thought to be worth more than £30m, propels Octopus to within a whisker of rival supplier Bulb Energy, which supplies 1.4 million customers and is the UK’s fastest growing new supplier.

It follows a flurry of deals within the energy market which is beginning to consolidate after a flood of new suppliers joined the market in recent years, many of which have proved financially unstable.

Co-Op Energy snapped up 160,000 customers from GB Energy Supply after it collapsed in 2016, and then gained another 130,000 customers after its takeover of Flow Energy last year.
How long the latest "consolidation" will last is anyone's guess but in the meantime Which? say:

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/ener...octopus-energy

Octopus Energy is a relative newcomer to the energy market but off to an incredibly strong start, as its WRP status for two years in a row demonstrates.

It was the only firm in our survey to receive five-star ratings from its customers on every single measure we asked about, from billing to complaints handling.

Octopus Energy also passed our procedures and practices assessment, and our pricing check, to earn its status as Which? Recommended Provider.

At least 90% of Octopus Energy’s customers rate it good or excellent in all but one area, which is no mean feat. An impressive 96% of those we asked praised its online customer service.

Some 90% consider it good or excellent value for money.
That's good to know .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:05 PM

Re: Flow Energy tell me that they're becoming part of Octupus Energy

I have been informed that I am now with Octopus - I didn't feel a thing .....
Jeanster
UK
Jeanster is female 

06-12-2019, 12:24 AM

Re: Flow Energy tell me that they're becoming part of Octupus Energy

I've recently changed to Ocopus from EON. They gave me a great monthly quote and then put £25 worth of credit into my account.

So far they've been superb to deal with everything is so easy to navigate.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top