Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 10:45 PM

Re: Trees and light

Ok people sometimes don't think, I put a new fence up some years ago, the son next door who is now married and moved on, decided to dig out a fish pond, and piled up the spills against said fence which rotted as a result, and was replaced by myself again. He is a nice bloke, just doesn't think.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
it is not always selfishness Muddy. We have 4 huge Oak trees in our garden that not only block light from our garden but also incurs in the neighbours.

hese trees have TOO'S (tree preservation orders) on them. We applied to the council to have them topped ,not only for light but safety

this is their repy

so before blaming neighbours sometimes the local council won't allow it

What is the matter with these people ?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 10:54 PM

Thanks Muddy.. it is something that gnaws away every day as others will know.

Realspeed, looks like you will have an on going problem and trees have grown so rapidly in the last 12 months. Sorry you got no joy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 11:04 PM

Realspeed, don't know if this is any help?
I've taken it from a website called 'Naturenet.'

" Most people who want to revoke a TPO want to do works to trees, or remove the trees. They think that before they can do these works, they need to have the TPO removed. They are wrong about that. If you want to do works to the trees, don't try to remove the TPO. You only need to apply to the council to do the works. If you've got a good enough reason then the local council will allow it. If not, they won't. And if they refuse unreasonably, there is an appeal process which is set out in the law. And yes, that is (generally) free as well. If you're in any doubt as to how to do this, engage a local tree surgeon who is familiar with the local authority, and get them to put in an application for you (or do it yourself) for which there should be no charge.

If despite all this you still think you want to get a TPO revoked, then there is only one way to do it. You need to persaude your local council that this is a good idea. They cannot be forced to revoke an order, but if they decide to, then they can. So, just like making a new order, you need to approach your local council and discuss it with the tree officer. Remember, you need their support to be successful, so be polite! "
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 11:32 PM

mups that is in the photo i posted. they came and inspected when we applied . Here they are so stubborn, maybe bung a few backhanders is the only way

other oak trees have been cut right back but they don't have TPO's on them yet only a few feet away
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2019, 11:57 PM

mups that is in the photo i posted. they came and inspected when we applied . Here they are so stubborn, maybe bung a few backhanders is the only way

other oak trees have been cut right back but they don't have TPO's on them yet only a few feet away

Well if those trees are ' only a few feet away ' their roots will be under your house, like they were mine!

I would try an Appeal.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well if those trees are ' only a few feet away ' their roots will be under your house, like they were mine!

I would try an Appeal.
no they are a few feet from our trees which are about 60ft away from the house

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 01:52 PM

We have some tall fir trees at the back of our garden, they don't incommode anyone. I have cut down, or downsized, any tree that I thought might become a problem in the future.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 01:55 PM

no they are a few feet from our trees which are about 60ft away from the house

You have a lot of birdsong in your garden .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

31-08-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You have a lot of birdsong in your garden .
More like bird sh*t the gulls are the worst

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top