Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 01:42 PM

Re: Electricity bills

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And just like ordering stuff online, you're tied to the house, either eating your dinner or having a shower when they call you back or deliver a parcel. Another day wasted....
What nonsense! Mobile phones are called that because they are 'mobile'. No need to stay at home at all - I certainly don't. They also tell you the approximate waiting time so you know roughly when the call will come.

It's an excellent system
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What nonsense! Mobile phones are called that because they are 'mobile'. No need to stay at home at all - I certainly don't. They also tell you the approximate waiting time so you know roughly when the call will come.

It's an excellent system
It's not nonsense if you don't have a mobile phone....
And even if I did, I don't care to discuss my energy requirements and finances on the bus....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I'm with SSE online ,pay by direct debit monthly for dual fuel
I can speak to an agent at any time without any hassle.
They offer me different packages .I usually take their advice on which is best for me . Last I was on was a 3 year fixed tariff ,now I'm on a 2 year one .
As another member remarked life's too short to be messing about changing to this company then that .
I’m with SSE how on earth do you get through to a person?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 10:07 PM

We've changed suppliers a couple of times now using comparison sites. Other than supply meter readings we haven't had to do anything.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2019, 10:46 PM

Be careful of using comparison websites or tariff switching websites because many got caught out recently for not displaying the cheapest deals.

The government got involved early this year and told websites they had to buck their ideas up or face being fined/closed down. I believe it was a guy from moneysupermarket.com, Martin his first name is, who brought it to the public and governments attention.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 01:50 PM

I am with British Gas dual fuel.
Pay monthly by direct debt .
I have a online my gas account where I can check I’ve got the best deal from British Gas and talk online to an advisor .
I did think about changing supplier , however never having a problem with British Gas I don’t think it’s worth the hassle changing .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Be careful of using comparison websites or tariff switching websites because many got caught out recently for not displaying the cheapest deals.

The government got involved early this year and told websites they had to buck their ideas up or face being fined/closed down. I believe it was a guy from moneysupermarket.com, Martin his first name is, who brought it to the public and governments attention.
I agree Dodge and would only use one as a rough guide. Most get paid commission and a better deal can often be struck by approaching a company directly to obtain a quote.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I’m with SSE how on earth do you get through to a person?
Phone number is
0345 026. 26586

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top