Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Annette
Germany
Annette is female  Annette has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 12:53 PM

Re: Freedom of Speech

The freedom of speech ends when it starts to get insulting.

Nowadays it seems people feel the need to blurr out everything they want without remembering the rules of decency.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Annette ->

Nowadays it seems people feel the need to blurr out everything they want without remembering the rules of decency.
but there is nothing insulting about calling a man a man Annette?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:07 PM

Why should free speech end when it starts to get insulting? If a thing is true then that should be the only determining factor.

By restricting what is said or written in case of offending someone only succeeds in offending everybody.

Inspiring crime, that's one thing same as rabble rousing, but such things as hate speech?

No matter what legislation is introduced if someone hates a thing or ethnic group it won't have any effect other than driving it underground where it will fester.

Social engineering such as we now see on television, especially in the case of advertising where even puppets and cartoons have to have an unrepresentative percentage of obvious foreigners are simply WRONG.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:10 PM

I find not being able to call a spade a spade but instead "an hagrocultural hinstromint" offends my sense of decency.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
When my house catches fire I want some strong bloke to rescue me not a 5ft 2 ins other gender .
Ooer Muddy 'Bloke' is not permitted. You have to say "cis man". Don't upset the snowflakes
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
but there is nothing insulting about calling a man a man Annette?
Exactly.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's all part of a bigger plan, I'm sure. I don't quite know who is running the Country but it isn't our politicians. There must be memos being sent around the Country every day saying what can and can't be done. Things like every advert has to show a black & white couple (even the animated ones) or a kid with an Afro hair cut. it's absurd. Sometimes there's a white Dad with one white kid and one black kid????
Without sounding paranoid about all of this, I really do believe it's a conspiracy, LD.
There is some kind of 'interior power' that is made up of a secret government department, who are probably liaising with the BBC, who have dreamt up this new way of saying how we should be conforming publically.

It's a combination of brainwashed and headstrong students, internet 'trenders' and the new wave of do-gooders who are hell bent on everything being "new-PC" and anything old hat and/or practical common sense being thrown out. They are making way for this new type of "person".
I'm thinking we are now only one step away from total manipulation by a media-controlled government.

It all sucks and like it or not, it probably began in America.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Without sounding paranoid about all of this, I really do believe it's a conspiracy, LD.
There is some kind of 'interior power' that is made up of a secret government department, who are probably liaising with the BBC, who have dreamt up this new way of saying how we should be conforming publically.

It's a combination of brainwashed and headstrong students, internet 'trenders' and the new wave of do-gooders who are hell bent on everything being "new-PC" and anything old hat and/or practical common sense being thrown out. They are making way for this new type of "person".
I'm thinking we are now only one step away from total manipulation by a media-controlled government.

I've been thinking this for a long time and it gets worse as time goes by. I;m surprised they haven't created remote controls for us little robots that we are fast becoming.

I remember an old man once saying 'I'm glad I'm on my way out and not on my way in' this was back in the 70s, can you imagine what that man would be saying now, I doubt he had much to moan about back then.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

I don't think it sounds paranoid at all Floydy. There is definitely a plan in place to condition us all. Pretty soon, Britain will end up like the bar scene from Star Wars.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
Well said ; its getting ridicules cant be a Fireman or a Policeman because the name has man on the end what a load of bullocks the pc brigade should shut their yaps and let people got on with their life's it can be hard enough without the pc morons

How I agree with that, Life will come full circle again one day, and common sense will return, then the PC Do Gooders lot will be slapped down....Hard.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top