Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2011, 11:49 PM

Re: Winter Fuel Payment 2011

£186 a month in 2009, thats a lot, who was your supplier, Dick Turpin?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 12:02 AM

E-On. I kept arguing on the phone that it couldn't be right, for my gas anyway because I couldn't be using that much.

However, it was one almost fatal day I went into the kitchen and could smell gas so I isolated it and called out a plumber, who found a busted pipe to my cooker, so it had been leaking gas for ..... ?

Problem was, E-On didn't believe that I'd been leaking gas and still estimated me for previous "use" even after it had been fixed, so I switched supplier.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 12:08 AM

Molly assume you are paying a lot less now? For £186 a month you should have been able to have had the heating on 24/7!!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 12:19 AM

We are with E-On and had a similar problem in that our bills shot up for no reason, we reported it, but were told if they sent someone to check the meter and no fault was found we would incur a call out charge in £98. Although we were 99% sure the increase was not usage, we could not afford to take the risk
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 12:25 AM

I is a Mollie, not a Molly, Missus Marpaul!

That was my argument with E-On. On one of my finer days arguing with them, I explained that I wasn't actually living in a 10-bedroomed house but, as I mentioned, the cost of the gas would have been due to the gas leak I had, and which I could have blown meself up at any time. Luckily, I keep my kitchen window open all the time so me cats can come and go as they please, so the gas had an escape route.

However, once that leak had been attended to, they still charged me at the same rate because I was always estimated and rarely had an actual meter reading. Even then, when the man called when I was in, nothing seemed to change, so I gave up and switched to another supplier.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Yes, that link was useful. I'll get £200 which will be very welcome, but why have they reduced it?
Probaly because Brown nearly bankrupted the country and we can not afford it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Probaly because Brown nearly bankrupted the country and we can not afford it.

Errmmm - who was it that actually gave us the heating allowance and the free bus passes in the first place AB??? And who is that has now determined to cut back that heating allowance from us again - that super rich, greedy B***ard David Cameron.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Errmmm - who was it that actually gave us the heating allowance and the free bus passes in the first place AB??? And who is that has now determined to cut back that heating allowance from us again - that super rich, greedy B***ard David Cameron.
Ha Ha Ha....Joe pull your claws back in.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Too right Joe and they haven't finished yet.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2011, 12:50 PM

I noticed that the people on some benefits are to get £300. Does this mean they have taken a bit off some folks to give the ones who are harder up or was it the same last year?

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top