Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2012, 04:14 PM

Re: help please!

I cashed mine in as wasn't getting a good enough return. ISAs and savings account suits me better with instant access. They say the odds of winning a major priize from Ernie are worse than the lottery.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

20-06-2012, 07:15 PM

Well mine come up nearly every month, but the interest I get on my savings account is negligible in comparison, even though at present it has a very large sum of money due to the sale of our house.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 11:25 AM

If you have a large amount in a savings account that you don't plan to use you would be better off locking it away in a bond for a couple of years as you will get much better inerest that way.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

21-06-2012, 12:05 PM

I agree but I will be using all but 50K of it in the next few weeks, so there isn't much left in that account.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Flippin heck, we've had some for over 25 years and only ever had one win
Originally Posted by Willow ->
Rarely a month goes by without them coming up.
Originally Posted by Willow ->
Mine have come up twice this month so far.
Willow, I take it all back, some of your luck must have passed on to us

Today as I was tidying up the study I found £4 in a bag I haven't used for ages, and then in the post this afternoon SWMBO got a cheque from the Premium Bond people (25£)

So we are both walking around with big grins today
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

21-06-2012, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Willow, I take it all back, some of your luck must have passed on to us

Today as I was tidying up the study I found £4 in a bag I haven't used for ages, and then in the post this afternoon SWMBO got a cheque from the Premium Bond people (25£)

So we are both walking around with big grins today
Jolly good.

It has to be admitted that I do have the full amount one is permitted to hold in Premium Bonds, so I would be a bit miffed if they didn't come up on a regular basis. Having said that my son-in-law only has a small amount in the bonds, £2000, but his seem to come up every other rmonth too.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 09:15 PM

I've had bonds for donkey years and never won a penny, after reading this I'm thinking it would be wise to put the money elsewhere.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/premium-bonds
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

23-06-2012, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
I've had bonds for donkey years and never won a penny, after reading this I'm thinking it would be wise to put the money elsewhere.

We each must do what suits us best with our savings. Premium bonds have served us well.
Dalesman2
lancashire
Dalesman2 is male  Dalesman2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->

The overall rate is a bit low at the moment but with fixed rate bonds and ISA's you are guaranteed [B]not[B]to win a £1m.

No such guarantee exists with premium bonds.

Nowwhere is the fun in that?
Lizette
USA
Lizette is female 

22-11-2012, 05:27 AM

I don't understand this subject at all. I'm going to die poor and on the street. This is what happens when you divorce a banker.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top