Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 05:14 PM

Glastonbury out of season

I was hoping to make a visit to Glastonbury fairly soon just for a couple of days.
I realise its out of season and was wondering if anybody knows whether most of the shops, cafes and pubs are closed at this time of year due to it being the low season, or would I be better waiting till May/June.
Thank you
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 05:20 PM

Re: Glastonbury out of season

I think TessA knows the are well.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 05:23 PM

We had a caravan there for many years used to visit year round, all shops etc were open all year round. The hippies never leave they need their chrystals winter and summer.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 05:30 PM

I was just a little dubious as many years ago when my son was two years old we took a weeks break in Cornwall later in September. The kids had gone back to school and so not many holiday makers left. Was a bit of a struggle as quite a few places had closed end of season.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 07:44 PM

Did someone mention Glastonbury?
I go there quite a lot, a couple of weeks ago most shops etc were open. Only the small touristy ones were closed.
If you need nice loos, the ones by the library are best, go along path by church. The others are not pleasant.
Hope you have a lovely time, lovely folk there x
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 09:37 PM

We have stayed at the Glastonbury Premier Inn, several times, it's fairly new & nice, with a pub next door.
Street isn't far by car & probably a bus ride away if no car & Clarke's Village is very good for shopping.
Mondays child
United Kingdom

13-02-2018, 11:27 PM

Hi all.
Thank you for your replies. I found them useful.
Glastonbury is special to me so I'm hoping to go there 2/3 days near end of February or early March to charge up my spiritual batteries. I've always gone early June before.
I was thinking of using the Premier inn this time as before always went with group of people and stayed in expensive guest house..
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Hi all.
Thank you for your replies. I found them useful.
Glastonbury is special to me so I'm hoping to go there 2/3 days near end of February or early March to charge up my spiritual batteries. I've always gone early June before.
I was thinking of using the Premier inn this time as before always went with group of people and stayed in expensive guest house..
Glastonbury Premier Inn isn't cheap because of where it is. You might get a saver on it though, last time we stayed it was
£60 per room, but if you shop around you should get it cheaper. Try Trip Adviser, they are usually the cheapest.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:36 PM

Try looking for an Airbnb.
You can get anything from a room in a house, a self contained outbuilding or a whole house/ apartment for a lot more privacy and a much lower price than a hotel...
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/a/?af=43720...kaAhtkEALw_wcB

I love Glastonbury. Great little place for a visit.
Mondays child
United Kingdom

15-02-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Try looking for an Airbnb.
You can get anything from a room in a house, a self contained outbuilding or a whole house/ apartment for a lot more privacy and a much lower price than a hotel...
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/a/?af=43720...kaAhtkEALw_wcB

I love Glastonbury. Great little place for a visit.
Hi Moscow. Yes my son uses airbnb quite a bit when he goes away.
Thanks for the link.
Yes Glastonbury is a special place for me. I used to go with a group of people every June.
Im looking forward to going there but realise its going to be colder this time of year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top