Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 12:16 PM

sorry about poor picture quality

My favourite pro lens is in for repair ,so have had to switch to a consumer quality lens instead for the time being. this lens has about the same range as the other pro lens.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 03:40 PM

Re: sorry about poor picture quality

Lovely photo realspeed...are those Snapdragons on the left side of the picture?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 05:15 PM

using a pro lens £1249 Nikon 70-200 mm f2.8 VR lens

consumer lens Nikon 24-120 VR lens F3.5-5.6 £450 approx

the bell in the flowers in the pro lens are clearer. If in doubt press ctrl and + keys to enlarge photos

both photos hand held different time of day. So for me having a pro lens does make a diference
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 05:58 PM

Um dare I say I prefer the second one?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

13-09-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Um dare I say I prefer the second one?
Thank you comments most welcome

You have noticed one difference mainly and that is the amount of light on the consumer photo. I have no qualms about which one prefers, but don't be fooled by the amount of light .

it is a common error we all make, if something is brighter attracts more than something dark, so looks better.

Clarity (sharpness) is often overlooked but can make a huge difference in some photos such as pictures of faces it really shows up

If you look again the main bunch of flower heads stand out more from the back ground (called depth of field) in the pro photo. I would ask you which you consider the sharper photo if you look at the flower heads enlarged.

One thing I learnt was to actually look at things and not just seeing them. By this I mean "OH that is a Nice flower" against seeing the height it has grown, the shape of the petals- the colour of the petals- the formation of the flower - how it is situated etc etc. that is looking not just seeing

This is the one you didn't like but brighter to prove my point

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:53 AM

Sorry RS, can't see the difference...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-09-2018, 02:35 PM

cropped frame

Can't make them same size photos Barry. But you can surely now see the difference , the pro lens is the larger picture.

As i said elsewhere it is a question of looking not seeing. seeing is just glancnig at a picture, looking is taking in the details within the picture .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 03:37 PM

Sorry RS, I still can't see enough of a difference to warrant £1250 extra, but if it matters to you then why should I care...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-09-2018, 04:03 PM

As you are not "into" photography as such maybe it doesn't make much difference. For me when people show" not as good as possible" photos I have to wonder why
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

14-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and as others have said they also actually prefer the latter. Whatever floats your boat I guess, some would pay millions for an unmade bed but to me there is nothing attractive about it but such is life....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top