Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2013, 09:40 PM

Re: Where is everyone going on hols this year?

We are hoping to get to the I.O.W. same as we did last year, that is if the First World War memorial is finished in Southport.
They have been cleaning it up, last year when we got there it was covered up, and I went purposely on that holiday to see it.
My grandfathers name is on that memorial, and I would like to lay a memorial wreath there, he went down on the Hampshire back in 1916 with Lord Kitchener.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 05:21 AM

Cash is somewhat tight, so will only be able to have short breaks to and from Belfast this year. Want to go back to Russia at some point and show Jean the Winter Palace and Hermitage in St: Petersburg, and the Armoury museum inside the Kremlin in Moscow. I also want to do the river cruise (as advertised on t.v. - Viking river cruises) down the Danube to Vienna and Budapest.
catswhiskers
New Member!
Bristol, UK
catswhiskers is female 

02-06-2013, 07:11 AM

Hubby, 2 dogs and me are off camping in the Peak District in 2 weeks time. Hope to get some walking in if the weather stays dry or dryish.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 10:56 AM

Having a few days in Dublin later in the year to see my family.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 01:50 PM

My son and I recently tentatively discussed going to Japan next year. He is currently sounding out a friend to see if he would stay at our flat and look after the three moggies, his dragon and my snake, otherwise their boarding costs would probably cost as much as our holiday.
Amanda
Derby
Amanda is female 

02-06-2013, 09:41 PM

Not sure yet, it all depends on where the mood takes us, it will be in the UK, and not until summer school holidays (had enough aggro when we had a fortnight away which clashed with school term) my daughter only had 3 days off in term and the head was not happy
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2013, 10:47 PM

We love Spain so will be off to Salou in September.
This will be our last holiday as our usual family group as several of them are in bad health including my OH. And so we'd better make the most of it eh ?

Sun,sea and sangria....here we come ! Yayyyy !!
Just love the fountains at night..... beautiful
petersull
New Member!
cumbria
petersull is male 

08-06-2013, 09:47 PM

Astrolady it has been years since i have been to salou, but agree the fountains at night are a great sight.

Hope you have a great time this year.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2013, 09:52 PM

North Wales.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2013, 12:24 AM

Well I was not planning anything for this year, even though since being fortunate enough to find myself with a teeny nest egg I have been saying would treat myself to some seaside breaks, only never seem to get round to it. BUT my son has next week off, and although he does not want to go away (too much hassle!), he actually has just booked me five days in Porthcawl starting Monday, he will take and collect me. Seaside and sunshine and nowt to do for five days, brill.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top