Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 10:21 PM

Re: Travelling as a single

Originally Posted by Jenheiffer ->
That's so true.

I went on a weekend break with one of these companies and it was quite embarrassing the way half a dozen women would compete for the attention of each half-decent man! Low-cut dresses, tight trousers, raucous laughs at unfunny jokes, even surreptitiously edging their perceived rivals out of the way.

Great if you're a man though.
I didn't like to be disparaging, but yes, the men are in a minority. One young man had the honesty to admit to loved going on holidays with singles companies because in his day to day life, he considered himself no great catch and had very little luck with women, but on holiday, he could be the centre of attention.

Which company did you travel with ........ "Low-cut dresses, tight trousers, raucous laughs at unfunny jokes, even surreptitiously edging their perceived rivals out of the way."............I'll make a note to avoid them!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 10:23 PM

Come to Canada! In Southern Ontario the temperature in the summer is very, very warm! In fact you come here, I'll go there

There are gorgeous places to visit, Toronto has many activities & events going on. Western Canada is beautiful too & BC is more temperate than Ontario.
Jenheiffer
New Member!
N.Ireland
Jenheiffer is female 

09-07-2014, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Which company did you travel with ........ "Low-cut dresses, tight trousers, raucous laughs at unfunny jokes, even surreptitiously edging their perceived rivals out of the way."............I'll make a note to avoid them!
I'd better not say! But on the plus side it was mostly the under-50's who were the main offenders. The others behaved with a lot more decorum!
Jenheiffer
New Member!
N.Ireland
Jenheiffer is female 

09-07-2014, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->

But what if you don't have any of those devices?

(Actually, I usually just take a good book.)
A newspaper works well too.
Cwest02
New Member!
Michigan
Cwest02 is female 

05-08-2014, 01:43 AM

I think I would also feel funny eating alone which is odd. I need to work on worrying about others opinions of me apparently. Hmmmm.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 02:18 PM

This is a most encouraging thread-6 women to one man?. I received an offer on my house today and as I am downsizing big time I might have a few pounds to spare.

I might give it a try.
havebagwilltravel
New Member!
United Kingdom
havebagwilltravel is female 

22-05-2015, 10:16 PM

I agree with Chris - Malta is a great place to go and easy to get around. I've just booked a 3 week stay from November to December this year (when it still should be quite warm though possibly rainy) with Mercury Direct who do a "third week free" and usually very good value.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by havebagwilltravel ->
I agree with Chris - Malta is a great place to go and easy to get around. I've just booked a 3 week stay from November to December this year (when it still should be quite warm though possibly rainy) with Mercury Direct who do a "third week free" and usually very good value.
That's who I book with. My dear old Mum used to go to Malta once, twice a year. I've not long been back from a week in Sliema. Went looking for some sun and guess what? You had it just as hot here in the UK!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 09:44 AM

Singles holidays?

Well I have plucked the courage to `go solo`-OK it`s tour but I always wanted to visit Sicily.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top