Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:30 PM

Where have you visited

Me
USA several times Disny World obviously a couple of times. Fishermans Wharf (Alcatraz, golden gate - pier 39- cable car ride- muir woods (redwood trees) -yosemite national park and around San Fran.

China walked the great wall 3000+ ft up seen the terra cotta warriors - Forbidden city in fact too much to put on here

Egypt Cairo King tuts exhibition and museum- stayed in Gisa and did the pyramids and flew to Luxor and did the Nile river trip up to the Aswan Damn and back

Brazil twice, and going again this year, small town just outside Sao Paulo and then flew down to Argentina and paraguay

AlsoTunisia did the markets etc

Then recently 2/3 med cruises with stop off days in various countries
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:39 PM

Re: Where have you visited

India, Morocco, Venezuela, America, Maldives, Bulgaria, Italy, Greece, Belgium, Norway, Canaries. Would love to visit The Holy Land if it was more peaceful and safe.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:40 PM

The far east fascinates me, the culture is so different.
love to see the Northern lights- go to Australia (got cousins there not seen for over 40 years) Not keen on going to India love to do Burma and the Amazon river trip. down the Missippii would be high on my list on a river boat as well
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:42 PM

I still have an awful lot of this country to see. Been to Scotland,Wales,France,Italy,Belgium,Switzerland,Ge rmany,Portugal and India
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-09-2014, 08:44 PM

Forgot Did Brittany one year as well
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 08:45 PM

Maybe you should call this where haven't you visited, lucky people.

Sounds like you've had some great hols, they don't come cheap though do they.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-09-2014, 08:50 PM

Anita

My wife and I worked all year (for 21 years) apart from 3 weeks off when we owned boarding kennels. Apart from that we had absolutely no days off, even Christmas and bank holidays we worked. Sometimes if there was a thunderstorm we worked 48 hours non stop to stay with the animals. Each day was a minimum of 12 hours sometimes longer 7 days a week. So we did have some rather expensive holidays but no more than others would have spent on weekends combined.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 09:18 PM

Have been to USA, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Malaysia, India, Sri Lanka, Fiji, Bali, St Lucia, Curacao, UAE, Oman, Egypt, Israel, Cyprus, Turkey, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Singapore, France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Russia, Portugal, Madeira, Canary Islands and Azores.

But there's still an awful lot of world out there to see!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 09:21 PM

Where to start:
Halkidiki
Crete
Tunisia
Morocco
Malta
Gibralter
France (a few times, mostly Paris and Guillestre)
India
Bali
Singapore
Malaysia (including Penang)
Sarawak
Gambia
East Africa (lived in Kenya for a couple of years, but had visited many times)
Sri Lanka
America
Mexico
Germany
Canary Islands
Madeira
Senegal
Tanzania
Zanzibar
(probably some I´ve forgotten along the way)
and Spain of course since I live here

already forgot to put Belgium on the list
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2014, 09:37 PM

America
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Cambodia
Chile
China
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hawaii
Holland
Hong Kong
Iceland
India
Italy
Japan
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Morocco
New Zealand
Norway
Patagonia
Peru
Russia
Singapore
Slovakia
South Africa
Spain
Sri Lanka
Swaziland
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand
Tierra Del Fuego
Turkey
Vietnam
Zimbabwe

Some of these a couple of times. Most of India. Long distance travel was our hobby. The more countries you visit, the more get added to the list.

You ran a boarding kennels for a long time realspeed. Impressed. The average is 7 years, it is so demanding, with round the year bookings. Many years ago it was seasonal, with just summer holiday bookings (possibly before your time?)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top