Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 12:35 AM

Re: Where have you visited

I never originally wanted to do this cruise stuff, but thought a safe bet was doing the river Nile to see kinda what it is all about. Having done 2 cruises with Royal Carabbean cruise line can't wait to do more.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 01:03 AM

Celyn

It used to be a good business to be in owning kennels and cattery, we were licensed for 166 dogs and 42 cats. Recent years took a real battering what with pet passports and home boarding (many of whom wern't licensed) not to mention the recession.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 08:55 AM

I've visited 39 countries in total ... too many to list individually!

I've "done" the States three times and Canada twice.
Most of Europe more times than I can remember.
South America and many of the islands in the Caribbean.
Several African countries including South Africa, Mozambique, Kenya,Tanzania, Zanzibar, La Reunion, Mayotte, The Comores, Madagascar (my favourite country) and Gabon.

I gave up competing with my son years ago, as I'll never catch up with him because he's hitchhiked across Africa twice and sailed round the world three times!
lissa
New Member!
the South
lissa is female 

18-03-2015, 09:42 AM

The Holy Land
Time
England
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Puerto Rico
Mexico
St Thomas
Jamaica
Canada
About 25 states
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 12:25 PM

Abroad Scotland and Wales nice foreign countries with lovely scenery, all over England except the south east and west.

Cruises have included the Farne Islands, Mull, and Skye, though that dont count now since they got a bridge
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 12:44 PM

Lots of places, but I'm always glad to get home again. There's no place like home.
Boots
Dorset UK
Boots is female  Boots has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 05:18 PM

Since we started cruising, we have visited so many places I find it difficult to remember them all. With regard to the UK we have been to Scotland once, and to Wales about three times as a tourists (I have family living there and occasionally have gone to visit them, but not gone touring) and have been to Northern Ireland once also. Loved it there far more than Scotland and Wales. As for England well there are far more places that I haven't visited than I have. It can be quite difficult from down here in the far south to go north as the roads for the most part are pretty awful, no motorways either in our county. It is far easier to get the ferry over to France and over the years we have seen far more of France than England.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2015, 10:05 PM

Wow! Definitely Celyn wins this. What an achievement. Well, here goes with me. ( Done a lot of travelling myself over my lifetime.)

Canada, America, Mexico (just over the border from USA on a short trip), Antigua (c) Barbados (c) Bahamas, St Maarten (c) St Kitts (c) Mayreau (c). (C =. Cruise stopovers).

France, Spain, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark (4 hrs), Sweden (4 hrs), Lietchenstein, Germany, Italy, Greece, Madeira, Malta, Corfu, Cyprus, Crete, Croatia, Fuerteventura, Egypt, Tunisia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand.

There are a few other islands that mum and I visited while on our cruises but I can't remember their names.* Ooops, senior moment.

The 4 hours spent in the Scandinavian countries were on the 24 hour trip there with DFDS, a few hours in the country, then the 24 hour journey back.

ETA

*Corsica, and also Austria, Switzerland (forgot these!). Oh, and Luxembourg, Monaco, Monte Carlo

(Blimey, keep editing as I remember more!! )
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2015, 07:45 PM

Wales, a few times.
Scotland twice.
Ireland.
Balearics.
Barbados.
Canaries.
Greece, a few times.
Turkey, a few times.
France,a few times.
Italy, twice.
Switzerland.
Egypt.
Malta.
Australia, twice.
Singapore.
Dubai.
Spain, a few times.
I think that is it.
Forgot to say, Cloud Cuckoo Land, too
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2015, 09:00 PM

Here goes, but i just stick to British isles and towns nowadays...

Spain
Majorca ( 3 times )
Germany
Tunisia
Italy ( 2 times )
France ( 3 times )
Bulgaria
Malta ( 3 times )
Wales ( 2 times )
Scotland ( 2 times )
Guernsey
Isle of Wight
Isle of Man ( 4 times )

Not a lot really, but i'd rather be here in England

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top