Join for free
Page 157 of 190 « First < 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2019, 06:15 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Thanks for looking in Robert and Sweetie....
Seven 'O' clock sharp saw me jogging up and over the deserted bridge.
Nobody working on it at this time in the morning, but I could see that a large trench had been dug from the bottom to half way up. I reckon that they will always keep one side of the road intact in order to get vehicles to the other side, it would be dangerous trying to avoid the 7:39am to Hull while bumping over the line with a digger....

Too tired after my run to go out before lunch, and too cold to go out after lunch...So I'd planned to take care of a job indoors, but following an endless stream of people who all required refreshment in the form of tea, I ended up watching last nights edition of 'Cleaning Up' with Mrs Fox.....Tiring day if you ask me....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:48 AM

Foxy what are upto these day's?
Any holidays planned?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Foxy what are upto these day's?
Any holidays planned?
Hello Sweetie, thanks for asking....
Not much planned for this year just a cruise round the fjords with some friends in June, it's probably going to be more spontaneous this year.... Although Tenerife is looking good.

Not much happening so far in foxy's life, still getting over Christmas and the New Year. Running is still happening, as usual, and I fancy getting some more walking done out in the wild places...I miss the hills....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2019, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Hello Sweetie, thanks for asking....
Not much planned for this year just a cruise round the fjords with some friends in June, it's probably going to be more spontaneous this year.... Although Tenerife is looking good.

Not much happening so far in foxy's life, still getting over Christmas and the New Year. Running is still happening, as usual, and I fancy getting some more walking done out in the wild places...I miss the hills....
The weather will improve soon Foxy.
I am going to Gibraltar in March.
I may do a photo thread, unless the monkeys keep me.

Take care and keep on running.
We know a song about that. X
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-01-2019, 11:37 AM

No running today so I had a bit of a lay in and it was 7:30am before I left the warmth of my bed. People probably think I'm a perv or something, but I like to go out in the garden in just my underwear, look to see what the temperature is on the thermometer and 'feel' the morning. It's so invigorating and it heightens the senses. I can understand why most people would not want to do it, the thought of being caught out practically naked, and leaving the warmth of the house, but our bodies are stimulated by external events in the world around us and relayed to the brain through the senses.

Listening to music, or the taste of a delicious meal, the touch of a loved ones hand, or the sweet smell of springtime blossoms. Our senses are the interface between us and the world and they should be exploited at every opportunity....

Although the temperature this morning only read minus 2*C it resembled a scene from 'Doctor Zhivago' with a thick crispy white frost shimmering in the early morning sun covering rooftops and trees.

I realise that I have as much influence over Brexit as I have with deflecting the moon from it's heavenly path, so from now on I will concentrate on the simpler things of life and not waste my time worrying.....Not that I ever did....

I visited Gibraltar during a cruise a couple of years ago, but only had time to walk around the town and have a cup of coffee. I would have loved to walk up to the top. So many missed opportunities... I look forward to your report and photographs Sweetie.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-02-2019, 08:53 PM

Took a drive to Whitby and enjoyed a meal at the Magpie today to celebrate a good friends 76th birthday. Motored through quite a few snow showers but managed to arrive safely around noon....This is what we found.

The first port of call was the Magpie for an exceptional three course meal....It left me bloated for the rest of the day....

The sun did show it's face for about an hour....

In an attempt to walk off the meal we wandered down to the pier, by God it was cold....

And the sea was rough....Time to leave for home....

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-02-2019, 09:28 PM

Aww Foxy, I have not seen your bits for ages.

Looks like you had a wonderful day.

Smashing photos. Of course it is cold, it is winter.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-02-2019, 10:52 PM

Aww Foxy, I have not seen your bits for ages.

Looks like you had a wonderful day.

Smashing photos. Of course it is cold, it is winter.
Just you and me then Sweetie, thanks for looking in.....My bits will always be available to you.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

02-02-2019, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Just you and me then Sweetie, thanks for looking in.....My bits will always be available to you.....
Others will post. xxxx
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-02-2019, 12:12 PM

Others will post. xxxx
Don't hold yer breath.....

Page 157 of 190 « First < 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top