Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2015, 10:45 PM

Re: Day Trips?

Originally Posted by Nom ->
A place i love is just over the Scottish border, Langholm moor, typically at this time of year driving up to Kielder reservoir, an onward over the border to watch displaying birds of prey A few thermals encourage a lot of activity.

Scarborough a lovely old fashioned seaside destination.
We're planning a day trip to Scarborough, haven't been for several years, also another Llandudno visit is on the cards in the next week weather permitting
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2015, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
We're planning a day trip to Scarborough, haven't been for several years, also another Llandudno visit is on the cards in the next week weather permitting
Love Llandudno , bit far for a day trip but holidayed in the area (Conwy) and day tripped from there.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 12:14 AM

I'm going to Scarborough at the end of April for a weekend of dancing at the Grand Hotel It is lovely all along that coastline
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 12:48 AM

the last time we went it seemed to be quite run down but I've heard it's improved and become popular again
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 06:35 AM

the last time we went it seemed to be quite run down but I've heard it's improved and become popular again
Its partly that quality that i find adds to its charm so many places start to look like clones of each other with the same high streets, and shop fronts, The North Yorkshire coast has some lovely places with lots of variety, Saltburn, Staithes, Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, all have been visited on day trips with the bonus of a run across the North York Moors.

When i was first married we sometimes did our shopping on Saturday in York fabulous city, full to the brim with historic buildings, great tea houses and of course the Cathedral.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I'm going to Scarborough at the end of April for a weekend of dancing at the Grand Hotel It is lovely all along that coastline
I'm at the Grand Hotel Scarborough in July for a couple of nights. It's a stop off before we travel further North to Saltburn. Looking forward to it very much - not been to Scarborough for a long time and Saltburn - never.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 01:03 AM

That will be a lovely trip Carol

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top