Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 06:03 AM

Some Holiday Snaps - Thailand & Singapore

I have finally done something with some of the photos I took on my recent trip.

If you click on the links below you should have access to some of my photos. They are not very comprehensive because I tend to just look rather than photograph and remember too late.

Ayutthaya and Hua Hin

Singapore

Malaysia (and a dash of Thailand)
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 08:21 AM

Re: Some Holiday Snaps - Thailand & Singapore

some descriptive titles might be useful?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 08:48 AM

That face in the tree spooked me a bit
Lovely colourful places .........
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 09:14 AM

Great photos Bruce. Hua Hin is where my Grandkids went for
Christmas the other month.
Yes it is a spooky sight to see someones head in a tree.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 10:06 AM

Lovely photographs Bruce very interesting too..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
some descriptive titles might be useful?
There are if you go through them in order.

(oh yes and I keep adding bits)
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 10:12 AM

Bruce

I really enjoyed your pictures of Singapore. I was there from January 1954 to May 1955 in the Army during my National Service days. Apart from the plants the place looked nothing like that then. It was nothing like the modern city and with no hint of the the buzz that you have displayed.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 10:37 AM

Interesting snaps Bruce... I've never ventured that far abroad, but maybe some day..

It reminds me of one evening having a pint with a drinking buddy who was an M.O. in the navy. As he put it, "I've never been to Thailand, but I've treated plenty of people who have !"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

12-04-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Magoo ->
Bruce

I really enjoyed your pictures of Singapore. I was there from January 1954 to May 1955 in the Army during my National Service days. Apart from the plants the place looked nothing like that then. It was nothing like the modern city and with no hint of the the buzz that you have displayed.
I have never walked so far in one day I don't think. Singapore people are all go, go, go. I was shown round by a Malaysian ex pat who lives and works in Singapore, it was all I could do to keep up. Left Jahor Bahru at 6.30am arrived back at 11pm. What a day!

Such a modern go ahead place but with a lot of the old Chinese virtues still intact. Quite incredible but very expensive compared to Malaysia (though still cheaper than OZ).

Crossing the causeway into Singapore we must have been passed by a few thousand people rushing on their way to work in Singapore as we went through immigration and customs each end. No wonder the Japanese had no trouble invading you wouldn't have even noticed them in the rush.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2015, 11:09 AM

Great photos Bruce, so colourful too I love the view and greenery of the Boh Tea Plantation, stunning pic!

Do you know approximately how many miles you covered throughout your amazing holiday?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top