Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:23 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Where is Gummy????
I am worried.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:26 PM

I remember that old joke, it’s obsolete now thanks to decimalisation.
“What’s a woman with one leg worth?”
“Half a knicker”
Some of our younger oldies may not remember the LSD money, half a knicker was ten shillings which went on to be 50 pence today.

Twins! Oh my God, Betty and Hetty Boop, lord spare us all.
I thought they smashed the mould when they cast you Sweetie.

Out with the old and in with the new, I bought meself a new navy blue trench coat today, I’m sick of wearing jackets both heavy in Winter and light in Summer, this coat is three quarter length, warm but not heavy.
Overcoats seem to have gone out completely now, all the men seem to wear jackets, except for politicians, they always wear those dark long overcoats like the one Trump parades around in, Hearsemens coats me mother used to call them. Anyway at my age fashion is the last thing on my mind, but I like to be dressed neat and tidy when going somewhere special, and we have a wedding coming up shortly, God I hate attending weddings, give me a good wake anyday.

As I opened the downstairs window of my little two storey house to get some fresh air I wondered would the air be fresher if I was upstairs and opened the window there? What I mean is, is the air fresher say on the roof of a building than it is lower down?
I know, I know, I’ve little to be bothering me, thank God for that.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2019, 09:31 PM

Longer coats are becoming trendy Jem, so you are ahead of the fashion.
I can't wear long coats mainly because I drive, and too lazy to take my coat off.

It is my Wedding Anniversary on Saturday - 34yrs!!!!

I think the air is fresher downstairs where I live, they have wood burning stoves in my area, it makes me cough!!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-01-2019, 12:03 AM

Good Night Possums.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 05:25 AM

Jem-opening an upstairs window will make no difference,mate.
To YOU,charging in magnificent fashion up the staircase,it may seem to be a fair height difference - but to your WINDOWS,the upstairs one is only a couple of feet above the downstairs one. BUT....and this,no doubt,will be ha-ha'd by the all-knowing blowhards...opening an upstairs window CAN actually boost wifi reception! Yuss...honestly. [not many people know that]...and NEVER have your router near a window. You'd be amazed how many people think doing so must strengthen the signal...it doesn't-it just means a lot of the router's output just 'goes out the window',literally. Right-gotta go...more pills to pop...ciao...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-01-2019, 03:45 PM

Oh poor Pugsy, I hope he is out of pain soon. xxxx
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Where is Gummy????
I am worried.
He’s probably taking a break Sweetie, if he wasn’t well he’d let us know, all dem poems take a lot out of him you know, he don’t run them off a sausage conveyor belt like me, there’s permanence in his rhymes.
ARE YA ALL RIGHT ME OULD COBBER???

Thanks Pug, so it makes no difference the higher I am in the house the air is no fresher when I open a window.
Didn’t know that about the wifi going out the window, it makes sense when you think about it, there’s a lot of out there out there, in fact there’s more out there than there is in here, isn’t there?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-01-2019, 06:15 PM

You are right Jem.
It is good to take a break.
He will return all refreshed.

I am shivering in me timbers today.
Still, a few glasses of wine later will help.
Did you know it is my favourite day?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

18-01-2019, 06:28 PM

How did I forget Friday is wine day Sweetie?
Actually I’m still a bit muddled in the days since Christmas, I forgot to go to the post office for me pension today, I thought it was Wednesday for some reason or other. Anyway we’re more than halfway through this miserable month, January and February are the two worst months of the year in my book.
You enjoy your couple of glasses, I’ll be having a drop of port myself later on, too cold to go out for a pint tonight, cheers!.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

18-01-2019, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
How did I forget Friday is wine day Sweetie?
Actually I’m still a bit muddled in the days since Christmas, I forgot to go to the post office for me pension today, I thought it was Wednesday for some reason or other. Anyway we’re more than halfway through this miserable month, January and February are the two worst months of the year in my book.
You enjoy your couple of glasses, I’ll be having a drop of port myself later on, too cold to go out for a pint tonight, cheers!.
I agree, Jem, it is brass monkeys weather.
Next month is Valentines, now don't you go forgetting that me lad. xxxx

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top