Join for free
Page 193 of 1676 « First < 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 693 1193 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 09:46 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

wot nonsense do we have here this morn ? cockatoos - haven't cooked a coo for 35 long years since I've been here -I do believe you can get them tinned but like salmon I prefer them freshly caught to tinned!

boomerangs - I prefer charlie drakes version of things - yes I can throw one but lost many! I believe the movement is in the wrist and I have arthritis you see - anyway I can get my kanga tails from the freezer section in WW

ps: welcome back RJ you sound as erudite as ever dear fellow I do hope the Hants clime is agreeable to you?

and dear Pug lost ya tranquilizers again old fellow?

and I fear that spittie has gone down with the titanic again!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 10:24 PM

Why do they keep making films about the Titanic when everyone knows what happens in the end?

I’ve made plenty of drop earrings in me day Pug, but never featuring testicles, I think they are best left hanging where nature intended.

Sorry to hear you suffer from arthritis Gumbud, my old dad was a martyr to it, can be very painful I hear. 35 years in Australia? didn’t realise you were there that long, obviously you have taken to the life, fair play to you.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 10:49 PM

It's easy to get caught in a multiple Quandary, not so easy to resolve it, so far working on the resolution, has taken 43 years, give or take a year, or so.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 10:51 PM

Start point can be hard to nail, one sometimes has to be happy with none specific.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-03-2017, 10:52 PM

Could be the E numbers.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:15 PM

Gumbud, hi.

Thank you for your concern & good wishes. Thanks also to dear JEM, our unofficial Mentor & Leader.
Spitfire, good on ya.
Pug, without being paranoid, I don’t think you have ever acknowledged my existence. What do I have to do to get noticed.I think I could learn from a POLYMATH with the gift of eidetic memory Hi anyway.

BTW. I have resigned from my post as High Commissionaire for the Planet Greendor, I know believe I have been tampered with & intend to become silent on this matter, which I confess has caused me great embarrasment. It seems to have been a sinecure concocted by person or persons unknown.

On the subject of the unknown, I have been considering life & in particular a view on the traditional 3 score & ten.
In modern times 90 is the new 70. THe population is ageing at a TITANIC(*NB spitfire*) rate. Our government in 1948 launching the FREE NHS couldnt possibly have forecast the range & scope of illnesses & matching healing & care support & vast expense to keep the dream alive.
The words Straw & Camel's back should haunt us.

That is all all I have to say TODAY.

Happy WEDNESDAY chums.

BTW, I have been sat on my bum typing & all the while, about an hour, nurse Gillian has been on the phone, bless her.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

14-03-2017, 11:22 PM

When Trouble is Brewing, it is always hoped a Campden Tablet will clarify the situation, clarification is all well and good, but not always a resolution, it is sometimes necessary to filter through the sediment.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When Trouble is Brewing, it is always hoped a Campden Tablet will clarify the situation, clarification is all well and good, but not always a resolution, it is sometimes necessary to filter through the sediment.
My Grampy used to say
"When up to one's neck in sediment and alligators, it''s oh so easy to forget that you went first of all into the swamp to drain it"
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 01:59 PM

My Uncle Joe was a plumber but he used to drain swamps on the side, if he saw you using a wrong tool for a particular job he would say “No no Jem, never use a spoon to drain a swamp” Wise words from the old geyser, advice that would surely come in handy if I ever wanted to drain a swamp. “Swamp drainers wanted, must have own spoon” God them old lads really did talk in riddles.
Is it any wonder I’ve been confused and mixed up all of my life? When I was a boy I would hear my mother and aunts talking in the kitchen “Poor Nellie buried her husband last week” Shock and horror for me, a picture of Nellie sneaking out to her back garden at midnight carrying a shovel to dig a big hole and bury yerman would spring into my tiny mind, did she kill him? maybe she poisoned him she made horrible stew, why won’t she let the undertaker bury him? something fishy going on there.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

16-03-2017, 12:15 AM

I haven't been able to jot anything down today chums, we were out all day baby sitting.
Then we went straight out to an Opera, life gets tedious ennit.

Page 193 of 1676 « First < 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 243 293 693 1193 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top