Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 03:45 PM

Re: What Items Would You Be Too Embarrassed To Buy Over The Counter?

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Who remembers the time when ST's were sold wrapped in brown paper parcels and magically appeared from under the counter ?
Kids go in with a note from their mother and given a brown paper parcel.... intrigue must have outweighed the 3p for sweets on the way home.
That was posh .. I remember my mum telling me she cut up old hand towels to make hers.

Glad I never got sent to the shops for those. I used to get sent off with a paraffin can to fill.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
That was lucky ... my elder brother used to think they were called Doc Marten's until I put him straight one day.
I hate to think what the steel ones felt like.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 03:55 PM

Fig rolls...I would be far to embarrassed to ask for Fig rolls..my guilty secret.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
When I was about 16, I plucked up the courage to buy some condoms from my local chemist. I took a deep breath, walked in and asked for 'A packet of...... you know.'

Luckily, the woman knew exactly what I wanted.
It use to get very cold whilst we were waiting outside for the bloke to come back to the till.

Sometimes they closed and we were lost.

No wonder there are so many people in the world!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
It use to get very cold whilst we were waiting outside for the bloke to come back to the till.

Sometimes they closed and we were lost.

No wonder there are so many people in the world!

Ha! Yes, waiting for the bloke, I remember that too.

I also remember buying a pack of 'Mates' in the supermarket and trying to sneak them in with some general shopping so no one would notice. It was a time before bar codes and when I got to the till, there was no price sticker on them. To my horror, the woman on the till called out to her colleague 'Ere Mavis, how much are these condoms?'
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:04 PM

When I was about 16, I plucked up the courage to buy some condoms from my local chemist. I took a deep breath, walked in and asked for 'A packet of...... you know.'

Luckily, the woman knew exactly what I wanted.
Longdog,you've reminded me of a self catering holiday we had in Spain a few years ago. My brother went to a local shop to buy salt and couldn't see any on display. He hadn't a clue what the Spanish word for salt was. The shopkeeper hadn't a clue what my brother was asking for. My brother started shaking his wrist up and down, as though shaking salt, and the shopkeeper handed him a packet of condoms............ We still laugh about it now
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:05 PM

Ha! Yes, waiting for the bloke, I remember that too.

I also remember buying a pack of 'Mates' in the supermarket and trying to sneak them in with some general shopping so no one would notice. It was a time before bar codes and when I got to the till, there was no price sticker on them. To my horror, the woman on the till called out to her colleague 'Ere Mavis, how much are these condoms?'
HaHa!

Then they cut down the need, to keep going to the Chemist, by inventing washable ones.

Should have seen the letter I got from the laundry.....!

(The old ones are the best?)

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

06-01-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
HaHa!

Then they cut down the need, to keep going to the Chemist, by inventing washable ones.

Should have seen the letter I got from the laundry.....!

(The old ones are the best?)

Believe it or not, apart from the not remembering the woman's name, my story is true.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by melfort ->
Longdog,you've reminded me of a self catering holiday we had in Spain a few years ago. My brother went to a local shop to buy salt and couldn't see any on display. He hadn't a clue what the Spanish word for salt was. The shopkeeper hadn't a clue what my brother was asking for. My brother started shaking his wrist up and down and the shopkeeper handed him a packet of condoms............ We still laugh about it now
Melfort, That has really made me laugh. My eyes are streaming! I wouldn’t mind but l’ve just put mascara on to go out shopping!!

All the other posts are funny too!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

06-01-2018, 04:09 PM

My joke was in the word "letter"!

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top