Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 08:57 AM

Re: Finger Nails

I keep my nails just growing over fingertip.
I paint them with a VERY pale pink , used to go to the nail salon , but don"t bother so much these days. I take an iron supplement 3 times a week and that has helped greatly.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:08 AM

My nails are okay but my fingertips are in a terrible state through working in dry conditions or not keeping hydrated. Tried many times to eradicate this but some people have skin than becomes chapped, others don't. I'll live with it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
And I cant abide bitten finger nails

Disgusting habit
Well you don't have to do, do you? It suits me and I shall continue to do so until I turn up my toes, so there. I do ensure my hands are clean, I get through a lot of hand gel!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
And I cant abide bitten finger nails

Disgusting habit
Definitely!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:18 AM

If people on this forum disapprove I must be doing something right!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:52 AM

I have never been to a nail salon. My nails are quite flexible and still pinky/pearly looking. I can grow them, but if one breaks I have to trim all the others the same length. Never worn nail polish, but I do shape them with an emery board. I can't do without hand cream and get through buckets of it. I have a bad habit of pushing down my cuticles with my fingers (not the nails) which makes me look as if I am fidgeting.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 09:58 AM

I look after my own nails these days although I used to go to the salon. I keep them short out of necessity because I'm always doing stuff that breaks them.

Yes I use polish not always coloured sometimes I just have a coat of Hard as Nails on that's the same finish as clear varnish.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 10:05 AM

A dishwasher must be vital to keep those long false nails on. Never had a dishwasher, I'd rather have the cupboard space. My nails are short and clean and I use plenty of hand cream. No particular cream ,just regular use.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I look after my own nails these days although I used to go to the salon. I keep them short out of necessity because I'm always doing stuff that breaks them.

Yes I use polish not always coloured sometimes I just have a coat of Hard as Nails on that's the same finish as clear varnish.
Hard as nails is my holy grail of nail care. Never without a bottle or three

I’ve only been once to a nail salon, for the emergency repair. I’ve always done my own nails I had a sort out of nail polish earlier in the year and threw out 30 or 40 bottles. I still have about 30 colours here and I add new ones regularly
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
A dishwasher must be vital to keep those long false nails on. Never had a dishwasher, I'd rather have the cupboard space. My nails are short and clean and I use plenty of hand cream. No particular cream ,just regular use.
Never thought of it Newcomer, but yes I have a dishwasher and I think it helps preserve real nails as well, plus saves hands drying out. I sometimes get contact dermatitis, but since having a dishwasher it has helped a lot.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top